1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 6 1/2' Conventional Plow Cutting Edge, Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dgm5186, Dec 14, 2009.

1. dgm5186

dgm5186 Junior Member

Hello guys, I have a 6 1/2' conventional speedcast plow for my Jeep wrangler that I bought last year. It has a thick poly cutting edge on it that is smiled out from the previous owner. It does not scrape well at all! It leaves alot of snow left on the drives and I want to switch to a steel cutting edge to get better scraping action.

Can anyone point me to an online site or a place where I can get a replacement cutting edge for this plow. It is not too too old of a conventional since it is a electric over hydraulic unit. Thanks for any suggestions ahead of time.

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Measure the bolt centers or take the plow to any steel shop. They will punch you out a new edge. If your front end has any load helpers (timbrens / airbags) go with a 1/2" thick x 6" tall edge. If not go 3/8". Never go taller the 6" regardless of what people say about more wear etc. You change the geometry of the plow and cause it to trip more and likely bend or break it.