1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 500 VS Snowex 575

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Harford13, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

I've narrowed my spreader decision down to the Snowex 575 or Fisher 500 with a swing away tailgate mount so I can slide pallets in and out and haul my blower around. Any guys out here owned both that could help me make my decision. I like the fact that the Motor for the Fisher is inside the box and not under the spreader, however does it really matter because once the salt gets wet you've got the motor basically sitting in salt.
  2. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

41 views and not one opinion???
  3. ultimate snow

ultimate snow Junior Member

i liked the 575 but would recommend the vibrator kit for it .i believe the spreader may stick out less then the 500..
  4. Harford13

Harford13 Senior Member

I actually purchased the Fisher 1000, I'll see how it works this year it's got a pretty good slope, hopefully I won't need a vibrator for it
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I ran buyers and snowex tailgate spreaders when I ran bagged product and never had a problem. I would think if you are putting dry product in them you would have no troubles at all with either on them.
  6. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

I know you said that you bought the 1000. I have a 575 that I used to use before the big spreader.

It worked fine without the vibe kit as long as the stuff was dry bagged stuff.

I bought it to use clearlane however, and it only would flow that with the vibrator on.

Just a heads up, if it helps.