1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 4 Port isolation

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by t.kelly0224, Aug 11, 2013.

1. t.kelly0224

t.kelly0224 Junior Member
    from bow, nh

Hi Guys,

So I'm starting to build a setup for my 2002 Dakota and I have a couple of questions. I picked up a complete 7.5 mm1 setup the other day that included wiring. Here's the problem, it came with a 26401 isolation module (4 port) and ematch calls for a 29070-1 module (3 port). Is there any way I can make the 4 port work?

Thanks!

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

there is no difference between the two. it lists a 3 port because 4 ports are no longer made if you have a 4 port with the correct headlight wiring just put it in.

3. t.kelly0224

from bow, nh

So would there be an open plug?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If u goto fishers website and look up the wiring diag it'll show u how to hook up the 4 port module

5. brad96z28

3 or 4 port modules would still have 3 plugs going to the plow. Unless you set it up for a 2 plug multiplex system. I really don't understand your question. Are you saying you only got the module with no wiring or something. Got to be more specific so we could help.

6. t.kelly0224

from bow, nh

Ok, I guess I am confused as well. When I look up my truck on fisher it calls for a 3 plug ISo module. I bought a used plow that has a 4 plug module. That leaves an open plug doesn't it? Or are all new fisher two plug setups? That's where in confused. The plow is a 7.5 mm1 sehp 3 plug

7. dieselss

Easy brad. Reread what he stated. He has a 4 plug iso. He's not sure how to hook it up b/c fishers website only lists a 3 plug. Again look up the wiring diag on fishers site

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

The Plough could care less how many ports is on the truck.

9. brad96z28

You are confusing ports with plugs. The plow or truck do not care weather you have a 3, or 4 or 47 port module they still have 3 plugs going to the plow. And they also hook up to the truck in the same way just the wiring is made slightly different.

10. brad96z28

I did read what he said he said nothing about how to hook it up he is confused be cause when you use e match they do not give you obsolete part numbers like a 4 ports module set up. They list a 3 port module. and corresponding wiring that goes with it. I will say it again like in my first post. If the module and harness he gave you have the correct headlight plugs for your truck install it and be done with it. Also if your sehp pump has 3 plugs it has been converted to 3 plug because thy are originally an old style 2 plug. If you have any questions how to hook it up or want me to explain to you if what you have will work I can private message you my # and I can walk you through it.

http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdffiles/29206.04_052407.pdf
    ^^^^^^^^^^ 3 port
    http://library.fisherplows.com/fisherplows/pdffiles/28561.04_052407.pdf
    ^^^^^^^^^^ 4 port

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  11. innkeeper

innkeeper Junior Member

I had to bump this up because I am running into some issues as well with the exact module. I am uninstalling this from my 2000 gmc and was going on the assumption that everything just pluged in like what I have seen with the new electronics. By looking at this am I correct in assuming that I have to cut the wires were they are tapped into the main wire for the head lights and I shouldn't be looking for a plug?

http://library.fisherplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/28376.05_091509_for_web_11x17.pdf

12. dieselss

The parking and turns need tobe cut out. They are not plug ins

13. innkeeper

innkeeper Junior Member

Ahhh OK, Just one other dumb question. The connector for the controller that is screwed to the under dash, when that is installed does it come without the plastic connector? (#115) because the hole that the wire goes through is way to small to geed the metal bracket and round plug through. Is the appropriate way to remove it is to just cut the wires?

14. dieselss

Ummmm. Not sure. Maybe pics? But if your talking about the connector that the controller hooks up to that is not permanent

15. innkeeper

innkeeper Junior Member

Yes, the female plug end that the controller connects to. 4 small screws hold it to the metal L bracket under the dash.
    http://library.fisherplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/28376.05_091509_for_web_11x17.pdf
    look at 115 if you could. that is what im talking about. The hole in the firewall is by no means big enough to fit that through. The main thing for me is I don't want to cut something that shouldn't be cut but as you can see #113 is a repair kit, perhaps for just this reason? Any comments? Thanks

16. dieselss

so do you have the big circular end or the smaller 4-8 pin end?
    might have to take out the pins of the connector to get them out of the tk

17. LON

LON Senior Member

gotta use the tool to undo the wires out of the plug so the harness can be taken back out through firewall. Have had customers just cut and splice though.

18. innkeeper

innkeeper Junior Member

A tool, something like a ice pic maybe? I feel like an idiot cuz I seen what looked like threads on the back side so I assumed it screwed on :dizzy: my only excuse was it was getting late and getting tired.

Lon, still need to call, I figured id better get this disassembled first. Are you around tomorrow?