1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 3 Plug Truck Side Wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by OneManWithAPlow, Oct 11, 2016.

1. OneManWithAPlow

OneManWithAPlow Senior Member

[​IMG]

Is this the extent of the necessary truck side wiring for a 2002 GMC sierra 2500 with a 3-Plug plow side setup..? It almost seems...too easy.

Does anybody have a part number (Fisher) for a 2002 GMC Sierra 2500 Headlight Wiring Harness for a 4 port isolation module?

Also, while im at it are there any alternatives to mounting a joystick controller? Ive seen the handhelds, but also heard of them failing quite frequently, and ive also seen the flex arm kits but they seem a bit steep at $100...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

That's a 4 port, you'd need a 3 port. Try fishers website, quickmatch for the info.

3. OneManWithAPlow

Why cant I use a 4 port module?

4. dieselss

You can, but their obsolete. 3 ports are more common and smaller. Plus dealers don't carry 4 ports.

5. OneManWithAPlow

Im on a bit of a budget and got a 4 port module for almost nothing. Just needs a headlight harness (ports 3 and 4) which is difficult to find due to your point previously mentioned. It may be worth it to even create one if need be...

6. OneManWithAPlow

Could I grab a 3 port module, and use the 1 and 2 port harnesses with a 3 port module than grab a 3 port wiring harness?

7. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

re: "Does anybody have a part number (Fisher) for a 2002 GMC Sierra 2500 Headlight Wiring Harness for a 4 port isolation module?"

The part #s you would need are 26360 and 26361, BUT the 4 port modules are not universal. Specifically, you need one with a green label which basically only fits your truck. The more common white label module will not work, which I would gamble is what you have if the harness doesn't already fit. If the module is incorrect, you would be better off switching to the 3 port module and adapter.

re: "Could I grab a 3 port module, and use the 1 and 2 port harnesses with a 3 port module than grab a 3 port wiring harness?"

No, the harnesses are completely incompatible.

8. OneManWithAPlow

Thank you. This information is gold. I was going to pull the module off of a 1999 Dodge Ram, and in the wiring diagram I couldn't imagine it wouldn't work, but thank you for your help. I will check the truck(module) when I get home.

9. OneManWithAPlow

Are the 3 Port Modules universal..? Can I grab "any" 3 port module for a 3 plug setup and fit it to my truck?

10. dieselss

........as was said no.

11. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

Almost; part # 29070 is the standard one which fits the vast majority of trucks out there and is very likely the one you would find used. Technically there is another one, part # 29760, which is only used on 2008 Ford Superduties and some brand new chevy applications.

The adapter for the headlights would still have to be the correct one to match your truck, of course.

12. OneManWithAPlow

Actually, it was not said.

"BUT the 4 port modules are not universal."

"No, the harnesses are completely incompatible."

Neither of these comments indicate that 3 Port modules are not universal. One indicates that 4 port modules are not universal, the other indicates that harnesses are not interchangeable....

13. OneManWithAPlow

Thank you, I will continue on my search for either a green label 4 port module or preferably a 3 port with part number 29070

14. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Incorrect, the 11 pin harness and control harness are the same for both 4 and 3 port modules. You need part # 24097 for control harness to work with 3 port module.

EDIT part # is 29047

OneManWithAPlow likes this.
  15. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

Whoops, you are completely correct. I read it quick and thought he was asking if he could interchange the 3 port module and 4 port headlight adapters.

16. OneManWithAPlow

So, if the "1 Port" on a 4 port module is part number 29047, than I can use that same harness if I were switching to a 3 Port module? And I would only need the Vehicle lighting harness and the headlight harness?

Edit: Ah, I see...29047 is an adapter...So does 29047 allow me to use a 3 port headlight harness (since 4 port is now discontinued) with a 4 port module?

Guys believe it or not, Im actually pretty decent with wiring and matters of this sort, the part numbers and constant [what feels like] "changes" in the market are just slightly confusing and I want to make sure I get all the correct parts. Through the process ive slowly crawled through three generations of plowing set ups...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  17. kimber750

The 29047 adapter is used with 3 port module to connect the truck side control harness into the wiring. Would still need to use the correct headlight harness for a 3 port module.

18. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

If you were trying to switch to the 3 port module, then you would need the 29070 module, the 29047 adapter that kimber mentioned, and 3 port harness kit 29048 (which includes a new 11 pin lighting harness) or 28253 (headlight adapter only, without the 11 pin. You would reuse yours from the original install.)

19. OneManWithAPlow

I would be doing almost a "fresh install". The truck currently does not have a plow or any truck side wiring. I have a truck with truck side wiring that I wanted to try to switch over. Would I still need the adapter?

20. kimber750

You need to figure out if you have correct module for truck first. Then we can help. Little too much uncertainty in your plan at the moment.

Randall Ave and dieselss like this.