1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 2yd spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by limargie25, Sep 15, 2004.

1. limargie25

limargie25 Guest

looking to purchase a 2yd fisher spreader. before I do I wanted to know where I could find info such as how long a load of sand will last. Either how long (hours/minutes) a load will last continuosly sanding or in distance (miles/square feet). I have a condominium complex I have plowed a few years and now they want a estimate for sanding. I was looking to get a tailgate sander but would that be practical? The area I would be sanding is equivilent to about 8 miles of a 2 lane road. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I have used a Fisher ProCaster 2 yd sander for the last three winters. How fast you use it will really depend on the characteristics of the ice/snow. I use a sand/salt mix. If there is no ice or a light icing, I usually usually figure about 1/2 yard per mile. I have used 1 1/2 yard for a half mile when it was heavily iced and there were hills and curves. As for time, that depends on how far you open the gate. I've unloaded almost a full load in about four to five minutes (you can bypass the spinner) by opening the gate wide open and speeding the chain up to almost choking.