1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 2 wire plug to 3 wire plug conversion

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by edkeough, Nov 25, 2008.

1. edkeough

edkeough Junior Member
    from CT

Do any of you know where I can find the instructions and part #'s to convert a MM l plow with two plug set up to the current three plug set up? The truck was wired new this year with a current three plug set up.

Thanks
    Ed

2. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

Yes i have the two wire minute mount. looking to go 3 so I can put some intensifiers on this plow. Any info on this? searches dont bring up much

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

You pretty much need to buy everything that a 3 plug involves. Ebay has a bunch of wiring on there now.

4. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

I was told by a dealer that there is a harness that you need to convert add another headlight harness on the plow side.

I just ordered everything he said I needed, I'll let you know how I make out.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

You can add intensifires to your MM1 under the Two plug style. Part 28800 ($232.00) obviously, thats your headlights. Then you need the brackets 28330 ($86.00) so you can mount the lights to the older headgears, then you need electric adapter kit 29033 for the wiring ($45.00).

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ed, if you need a 11 pin harness for your plow, I have a brand new one I will sell you CHEAP.

7. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

Ok guys. Im still not sure If I have a mm1 or 2. It said mm1 but from what I have seen it looks like a mm2.

I will take pics so maybe someone here can tell me what I have going on. Its a latter model ezv. So is there two models of the mm1? Also my fish-stick is either V or Scoop. Cant control each wing individually. Does that help out?

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ed, Lets put it this way, when your removing the plow from the truck, do you pull one lever on the front of the plow to disengage the attachment pins an lower the kick stand all at once?
    mm2.jpg

Or do you have to pull the pins on both sides of the truck yourself as well as lower the kick stand? If it is a one lever action, you have a mm2, if not......MM1.

mm1.jpg

After you figure out which MM you have, you need to figure out which Pump you have.

This is a photo of the SEHP
    SEHP.jpg

This is a photo of the Insta Act.
    instact.jpg

These are general pictures, they do vary a bit, but are the same style either way. Also, Truckside, how many pins on each harness?

SEHP.jpg

instact.jpg

mm1.jpg

mm2.jpg

9. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks for explanation.

I have the mm2.

And the insta act

hm maybe I have 3 wire plug. I should go look.

Does the new fish-stick for extreme V backwards compatible for the ezv

seems like a nice feature to control each blade individually

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Alright......you've lost me! Do you know if you have 3 harnesses on your plow or not? Also, from what you are saying here, You can put your plow in "scoop" mode, you can angle it to a straight blade, but you can't angle either side back to the "V" position, or is it you can't angle the blade full left, or right?

11. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

I keep forgetting to look. I can scoop V angle left and right.

But I see the new version of the controller can control each blade separate. So you can make left blade scoop and right blade 90' angle. Sort of an L shape I guess. Im use to bobcats with protechs. So this is kind of new to me.

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ok......If I am thinking about the same two controllers, yes you can simply plug the new style in and get the movements you want. Do you have a box style controller, or a hand held controller? If it's a hand held You can actually buy just the key pad, and switch plate controls and swap them into your actual controller.

You should post some pics of both control and plow.

13. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

Sorry have been busy. Today I should head to the yard and take a few pics.

thanks for your help btw.