1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 2 plug setup on early-mid 2000's GMC?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Jan 19, 2012.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

I know that everyone recommends in this order (excluding multiplex):

3 port 3 plug
    4 port 3 plug
    non-ISO 2 plug w/ relays

Is there a "cutoff" year where the 2 plugs are recommended AGAINST, rather than just not being the best? I just picked up a '01 GMC 1500HD, and my dad has a '04 GMC 2500 he wants to add a plow to. Both trucks would be used primarily for personal use and a few people in the neighborhood.

I have been able to find used 2 plug setups on CL for cheap that would fit my '01 as is, so I assume they are ok to use?

Would it be ok, and if yes, what would we need to put one of these onto the 2004? I know with the 3 plug setups, you need to repin the headlight harness so I assume we'd need to do that for a 2 plug too? I haven't yet found a used 2 plug (if there is one) or 3 plug setup for the 03-06 trucks...

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

2003 was the last year DD wanted you to use a 2 plug system but that was also when the Iso systems came out so take that for what it's worth.

You can run a 2 plug relay system on both trucks but technically the '04 should use a 12 pin setup which isn't nearly as common as a 9 pin. The 9 pin is do-able but I won't recommend it.