1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fisher 1000 problem, looking for some thoughts

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Brian Young, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I have a Fisher 1000 that is hooked up to a Sno Ex variable speed controller (dont ask,lol). The problem I am having is when I went to start to spread salt it wouldnt do anything but beep at me. It would work fine if I used the blast feature until the hopper was half empty then it will spread fine after the hopper is half empty. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sounds like the controller cant get enough current or push enough current for the load on the motor. Check all your connections and wires for corrosion or loose connections. Get a meter out and see what the controller is pushing to the motor and check for a draw at the motor.

If you cant figure it out theres a guy up in Erie who can.

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

check the tension on the upper belt pulley its a set screw if I remember.

4. Brian Young

Jerre is about 10 minutes from me. He installed the wiring and controller last season but I switched spreaders since, maybe I'll pick his brain a bit.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I would swing by and see him, and tell him i said HI.

6. Brian Young

Will do!

GRN MNT. I thought of that last year and checked it then and it was good to go, thank.