1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fisher 1,2,3

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cutbetterthanyo, May 30, 2010.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

I am a newbe and was wonder what is the difference in the mm1, mm2,mm3,and any other straight blade fisher if there is such a thing ? And will they all take the same truck side mounts and in cab controls?
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The MM2 is somewhat easier to hook up to the truck, usually. Sometimes.

Never heard of a MM3.

As for wiring, controls, etc. there is no rhyme nor reason to the Fishers. Push plates are the same for all plows, except for the smaller plows on smaller trucks.

Confused yet? LOL.
  3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

MM1 you have to put the pins in seperately. MM2 all you do is push up a lever and push back on the headgear. As long as there is the same # of plugs then usually you can hook a truck that normally has a MM1 up to a MM2 and vice versa.
  4. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

There might not be a mm3, haha, i thought i saw someone talk about one one here, maybe i'm wrong or they hit the wrong key. If i get some pics can you tell me what it is i bought? I got a deal (i think) on one that is damaged. I was going to take the hydros and rams and put them on a old straight western blade (just up and down no power angle), but the more i look at it i think i am just going to fix the fisher and mount it to my truck.