1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fish Stik

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SuperdutyShane, Sep 19, 2009.

1. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Can I put a Fish Stik on my 1996 MM1? Its a hydro setup, under the hood. Thanks guys.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have the old style cable operated valve body?

3. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Nope.gotta stay with the manual lever

4. SuperdutyShane

Well, Belt driven.

Really? Thats too bad. Thing is inconvenient as all hell.... Sticks out like a foot so you always hit your knee.. :mad:

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Come on Shane, you know better than that!

The PUMP is the engine driven part. The valve body is what controls the flow to the three rams on the plow. The cables from your joystick are connected to it. I've never actually looked at MM hydro up close, but you have three hoses to connect?

So, the answer to your question is YES, you COULD adapt a Fish Stik type controller. But you would need to switch out your underhood valve body to an electric valve body.

This my be to mulch work for you. I mean really, how mulch longer do you think that ole Ford will last?

6. SuperdutyShane

Well, I feel slightly stupid right now. Comes and goes... Haha. How dare you ask me how much longer will that old Ford last.... Is this the attack I will never see coming :gunsfiring: Considering how much work it seems I would have to put into it just for a Fish Stik doesnt seem worth it... In a couple years Ill probably buy a newer truck anyway, if the money is there... But that "ole Ford" will still be running... :D

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Just don't buy a cummings, K?

Can you move the joystick back a few inches?

8. SuperdutyShane

Haha. Well if I buy a Cummings Ill be sure to buy a Fischer to save my Transmission...
    I was thinking of just moving it back a few inches like you said. The actual stick part that sticks out is removable, screws in and out. However, the problem is the box where all the cables lead, its clumsy... I guess Ill just deal with it :D