1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fish stik question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by FordFisherman, Dec 9, 2012.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Just installed a used fishsik for my MM2. When angling left or right but not full angle, the plow will drift to a stop after I release the button. With the joystick, it will stop where I release it. Is this a normal functioning fishstik? Thanks.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

it should stop when u let go of the button

3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Mine will do a soft stop vs a jerking motion stop. Fish stick here...

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

That's how they're designed to work. It's a feature called "soft-stop".

5. FordFisherman

from 06611

Seems like it would be difficult to get the blade straight for backdragging etc?

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

You do actually get used to it, and it becomes easier. I've seen a lot of guys traumatized by it when they first go from a joystick to a handheld... Lol, but they wind up getting used to it. I'm not a big fan of it myself. On the newer Mulitiplex straight blades, this feature can be disabled.

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It's been a long time since I actually noticed it...it's like second nature really. Possibly a subconscious training thing, who knows.

8. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

How do you think an excavator operator can hit a trench, or how can you smoothly roll to a stop at a stop sign? If a guy can't get used to that simple of a mechanical function, maybe he's not cut out to operate equipment.

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

:rolleyes:...Just when I thought I had heard it all. This site is producing some real arrogant people these days. The man ran nothing but a joystick for years...then you criticize him because he is noticing the difference between the two the first time he runs a Fishstik...did you miss the part where he said he just installed it? I recall when they first came out..the topic was run down like a dead animal on a highway...;over and over again. Way to be Rusty! Bravo! Thumbs Up

10. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

No way, dude. You totally misunderstood my post. I totally understand that there will be a learning curve. I just was responding to the thought that it would be difficult to get the blade straight for backdragging. My point was that it is totally possible once you get used to it and don't approach it like it's impossible. If you failed to notice I even used the phrase "get used to."

Sorry if I used the wrong words to present my thought. I hate arrogant people and I don't want to be one. Again sorry.

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

:waving: .

12. FordFisherman

from 06611

Hey Ryan, hows it goin man. Merry Christmas. Gonna be plowing with one arm this season hence the fishstik install. Pretty sure I'll get used to the soft stop just makin sure its normal.

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Howdy! A Merry XMas to you and your's buddy! I saw that...ouch! My little brother went through that, it's not a nice thing. He had alot of pain issues for awhile there. The soft stop becomes a predictive, sub conscious thing after awhile. I'll be interested to see how you make out with plowing during recovery! Take it slow and be safe!

14. FordFisherman

from 06611

Ha yeah it will be an adventure for sure but I'll try anything once:drinkup: Got to keep pluggin along. Good luck to you my friend.

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

To you as well! :waving: