1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fish stik problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by scaypa, Jan 12, 2016.

1. scaypa

scaypa Junior Member

Seem to be having trouble plugging my fish stick controller in. It goes in enough to work but comes out easily. Doesnt seem to be going in all the way. It is a new controller and the wiring on the truck is all new. Its so simple yet so frustrating, feel like an idiot.

2. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

The end of the new truck harness is probably screwed up. We've had 2 brand new harnesses this year where the molex plug was bad out of the package.

3. I had this same problem on my XV controller. I gently spread the male ends of the pins and it's nice and tight and doesn't come apart. The key word is "gently".

4. scaypa

scaypa Junior Member

Thank you for the help

5. scaypa

scaypa Junior Member

I was able to plug it in all the way after fiddling with the plugs on the controller. But now I have no power to the controller

6. scaypa

scaypa Junior Member

The lights on the plow work for whatever that's worth. Just no power to the controller.

7. 04fordf350

04fordf350 Junior Member
    from RI

my straight blade fish stik would always disconnect power all the time. I had to zip tie the two ends of the connector tight together and i haven't have a power problem at the controller since.

8. scaypa

scaypa Junior Member

Took it to the shop that wired it. Because of the way it was wired it would only work with the lights on. I never noticed. Getting fixed tomorrow. Thanks for everyones input.

9. 04fordf350

04fordf350 Junior Member
    from RI

They put the 12 volt switched wire to power your controller to the headlight switch? Lol

10. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

Sounds like a personal problem if you ask me!

11. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

That's a first.Dont they know enough to wire it to a key on 12v source?

12. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

We see it happen a lot. What usually happens is it gets wired to a light circuit that is on "Auto" like most trucks have these days. Someone simply tests for a fuse that switches on with the key without bothering to see what the fuse actually does. The lights come on in the bay where it's being worked on but not outside in the daylight so it's isn't caught until later. Of course, reading the truck's owners manual would have prevented that.