1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fish Stik Hooks

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tonylillo, Dec 23, 2011.

1. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

The Fish Stik that I have for my Fisher plow does not have a hook for mounting in my vehicle. Can anyone suggest what I could use to mount the fish stik in my dodge 1500. For now I have it stuffed in between the seat and the center console. Thanks, Tony

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

If you have a Fisher distributor nearby, I kid you not these things are about $3. It's one of those items you figure being small is going to cost hundreds, but I was pleasantly surprised to find them quite cheap!

4. chevyzrule810

I was just giving him and idea of what the kit includes.Like yardmedic said go to a fisher distributor near you and ask if they can get the kit.I thought $5.94 was a little steep for a piece of plastic and some screws.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I drape mine over the steering column. I relocated where the plug in is located to the right side of the driver's area, just under the bottom lip of the dash (there is usually tabs or factory holes that you can use to zip tie it to, then I drape it right to left over the column. Then when in use, and I'm in and out of the cab for whatever reason, or I'm driving from job to job, I drape it over the shifter for easy access. Drilling holes in my dash, just to mount the damn thing, seems crazy to me. After all, it's a hand held controller...it would be one thing if it was a mounted control.

With that being said, I have like 2 spares downstairs Tony, if you find that draping it over the column isn't for you, I'll gladly send you one.

6. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

Thank you so very much for the offer, I found a local distributor, i may just buy one from him. You are right, it is hand held and should not be permanent, I am just looking for someplace to stor the thing when it is not snowing. I am afraid by putting it between the seat and center console, that it could get damaged when i need it most. Thanks, Tony

7. chevyzrule810

I do the same thing as repo does mine is to the right of the emergency brake.I bought mine used so it didn't come with a mount.Once I take the plow off the controller goes back in the glove box.

8. Same here. I've got a couple somewhere. Mine drapes over the steering column or is up on the far left of the dash. Plow off truck...controller unplugged. There is NO WAY I would drill a hole for that bracket.

9. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I have a streamlight strion charger mounted to the side of my center console. I found the fish stick fits perfectly in it.

10. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I used double sided tape (good double sided tape) and taped the cradle to my dash, has worked great, I think it got ripped off once in 4 yrs, a bit more tape and good to go...

11. tonylillo

tonylillo Senior Member

Yep, my local distributor gave me the clip and I used strong velcro and velcroed it to the dash, it is looking great. Thanks for all the great advice.
    Tony