1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fish Stick wiring

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by webbytech, Dec 12, 2011.

1. webbytech

webbytech Junior Member

What did everyone wire their "RED" to Switched Circuit for the fish stick to inside the cab?

2. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

It would be helpful to know what kind of truck you have to be able to give you the information you asked for

3. webbytech

webbytech Junior Member

sorry, 2011 Chevrolet Silverado

4. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Well, as you know it has to be a swtched hot. Without the truck in front of me it's in one of 2 places to hook it up. If under the dash there should be a fuse box and on the lower left hand side in the fuse box there is 4 pins.It seems if I remeber right it's the upper left hand pin. Use a test light to be sure. Or if it's under the hood it should be on the drivers side remover the cover and look at fuse 56 or 59 ( IF ) I remember right.I could look tomorrow to be sure and get back to you

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Do yourself a favor, and make sure to fuse it....

25.16.JPG

25.16.JPG

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Mine is spliced into my cruise control fuse.Like Repoman said make sure to use an inline fuse for it

7. webbytech

webbytech Junior Member

Would you fuse it at 5A? Directions say 3 but I can't find a 3A fuse to save my life

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yup, that's what mine is.

9. webbytech

webbytech Junior Member

Just wanted to thank everyone who pointed this dummy in the right direction. Plow is on and functional. Few kinks to work out but hopefully Fisher will take care of the 1 warranty item

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

What Kinks?