1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

fish stick problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dpglandscapes, Dec 21, 2010.

1. dpglandscapes

dpglandscapes Senior Member
    from 01982

hey, today we got a storm only 3 in but i plowed and for some reason my fish stick, would completely shut off, like i couldnt raise or angle or even lower the plow. I went out and checked the electric connections and undid them and put it back together and sometimes it would turn the stick back on and sometimes it wouldn't. I didnt know if any of you guys have had this problem before or could help me. I dont know if i have to much dielectric grease on it or what. Thanks
  2. eric02038

eric02038 Senior Member
    from MA

Sounds like it's just a lose connection. Get some electric cleaner and clean the plugs, make sure they are not gummed up and re-grease. you don't need to fill the plugs up with grease.
  3. dpglandscapes

from 01982

im gonna give it a try thanks man
  4. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Not sure how yours is wired but i have the same prob time to time, it was the red connection in the fuse panel. Pull off the door and there it is, wiggle it and see if the light goes out on your controller...
  5. dpglandscapes

from 01982

yeah i checked that still nothign. but i w\as talking to my uncle who has a xtreme v and he went to brake and clutch in salem and said that they like recaled some fish sticks or something because of smaller gauged wire. So i guess the new ones have a bigger gauge to them. so im gonna see if mine is under that recall.
  6. ColvinsPS

ColvinsPS Member

I have heard those circuit boards go bad fairly often.
  7. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

dpg, make sure to post whatever information you find in the Fishstick recall.
  8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The circuit boards are sensitive- especially to heat. Do you have a friend with a fishstick or joystick you can try? New circuit boards are about $100 on ebay and are easy to replace.
  9. Crescent5

Crescent5 Junior Member

DPG, any updates with this issue? I am having a similar problem with my fish stik
  10. kelky

kelky Junior Member

Here is what happened to mine.Follow the chord on your fishstik to the small white 6 pin plug. Unplug the fishstik.Check the brown wire that goes into the backside of the white plug that the fishstik plugs into. It comes loose and sometimes comes out of the backside of the plug. You can also put a test light on this to make sure there is 12v here.Hopefully when you put it back in and tape it it will stay. If not you may need a harness.Make sure you connect it right. There are two grooves that line up with two prongs. Try not to pull the fishstik all over the cab. That is what causes the loose connections. Hope this helps...
  11. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I've heard of guys having to replace the circuit board on their fishstik cause of that problem but definetly check the red wire and see if you have a good connection.