1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fish Stick light???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JustinD, Dec 23, 2009.

1. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

I have a Fisher Fish Stick, and the fisher logo on the controller used to light up, its out, can I change the bulb inside?

2. sflem849

sflem849 Member

Does everything else work? I just went through this with my Western and it ended up being a bad ground on the orange and black wire. Nothing worked on mine, not controller light or controller functions.

Where is the Sunstrand tranny to back up that EFI Live tuning?!? The three guys I know that had EFI Live tore their trannies out in less than a week. One it only took a couple hours!

3. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

I have a built trans too, everything else works just that light is out, I found out that the bulb isn't replacable, needs a whole board inside........... No thanks, I'll do without the light for now.

4. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Sunstrand tranny???? You mean Suncoast???

5. sflem849

sflem849 Member

Yes sir. I am a Ford man so we go with John Woods or BTS. Sunstrand makes hydros for tractors ;)

6. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

I see. Mine is basically a stage IV Suncoast.

7. sflem849

sflem849 Member

I forgot, if you ever get super fed up with not having the light you could possibly solder a new one in.
    Us Ford guys have a problem with the air bag off indicator light burning out. They then zap you like $70 for a new switch to replace a burnt out light bulb. You can CAREFULLY unsolder the old one and then solder a new bulb in place. The guys who really don't want anymore problems will put an led with resistor in there. I didn't take my keypad off when I had mine apart, but it may be a possibility.