1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Fish stick connection

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by burtonboards32, Nov 7, 2014.

1. burtonboards32

burtonboards32 Junior Member

I am currently shopping for a new truck, a 2015 F350 Platinum, and will be installing a Fisher XV2 with Fish Stick controls. The question I have is where is the connection made in the truck to connect/disconnect the controller? Pics would be appreciated.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'm gunna say anywhere under the dash?
  3. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Not trying to be a dink but is this a serious question? When the control harness is installed, you can have it ran anywhere you want. I leave my controller plugged in all year but if I want it removed, the plug is easily accessed just under the dash.
  4. burtonboards32

burtonboards32 Junior Member

Yes, I was serious when I asked this question. This will be the first "nice" truck that I will install a plow on and it will be the first truck with a plow that I will have a Fish Stick on rather than the joystick that is typically mounted to the dash. Sorry if this may be a stupid question, but I do not want to write a $60,000 check for a new truck and have a wiring harness hanging looking cheesy the 360 days of the year that I will not have the controller connected.

I understand that the controller is easily disconnected, but my question is in regards to the location of the plug. Will it be a wiring harness hanging down from under the dash, would the factory harness be long enough to run into the center console, is it possible to cut it into the dash to look factory, etc, etc, etc...

Not knowing the exact specs of the harness and the possibilities, I guess that is why I asked. :rolleyes:
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You can zip tie the wiring out of the way you know that right. And it's a small wiring harness in comparison to other harnesses
  6. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

There is quite a bit of length in the control harness. The installer has the option to route the harness in several different ways that would result in the connector ending up in various locations. My advise would be to talk to the installer and explain your expectations. Sit in the truck with the FishStik and go thru the motions of plowing, will you be operating it with your left or right hand? See where the coiled harness ends up and position the connector near that location.
  7. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Mine hangs / lays on the carpet right in the center of the transmission hump. Sticks out maybe 4 inches, and is the size of a phone wire connector. Trivial, you won't even care. I drape my controller over the steering column behind the shifter, and it stays there all year.
  8. Yates004

Yates004 Member

I took a small saw file to a joint in my dash panel and ran the plug through that by my right ankle. I didn't mount the "hanger" for the fish stick I just put it between the seats.