1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First year with a plow does this look right?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kg26, Dec 14, 2013.

1. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

So this year will be my first year plowing with 7.6 sport duty plow only doing resid this year. I've been looking around to see If I can find a video that demonstrates proper technique. This video caught my attention. My question to all of the vets out there and even the guys who have been at this for a few years is does this look right?

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's one way to do it.....poorly. Each driveway will depend on how you do it.

Do much plowing in Birmingham? (assuming it's AL)
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I could've done three driveways that size in the time it took him to do that one.

There is no need to clear the end twice and when you do straiten the truck out to the street don't leave the wondrows like he did.
  4. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

I should have put the state behind that its MI. Roll tide though.
  5. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

What should he have done with the stacks in your opinion?
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe how only plows 5 driveways. Another thing ,try not to have to much stuff in the back of the truck if you can,Should of done all the back dragging first. He had the wrong angle in the street ,Should be by that blue car and then put the plow in scoop.
  7. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

I know him. he plows very few driveways and has only been in the business a few years.
  8. NortheastSNO

NortheastSNO Member

I don't understand why he does not use the v plow at the end of the drive. Back to Blue car. V push pile to side, Back drag again repeat 2 times done. 3 min. tops
  9. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I assume he was going extra slow to emphasize slow, careful and cautious moves for safty. Not how I would have done it but it but he got it done.

What doesn't look right to you?
  10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

So your saying it was staged for tv?:laughing:
  11. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

Great points thanks guys.
  12. andersman02

andersman02 Senior Member

Hes go the idea I guess. Depending on length of drive I pull in, back drag middle, back drag left with plow angles towards grass, backdrag right with blade slightly angled to grass. When you are ready to lift the blade and leave the snow at the end if the drive, look.where you are going to stack the snow and keave the piles angled towards that area. Back out all the way and scoop mode to where it is to be stacked.

If there is aot if snow ir a long drive I may backdrag enough to back in to the garage and push out, leaves a better scrape.

If there is hardpack and I have time ill push up the garage with the plow angled to get up some hardpack then backfrag it out