1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First year plowing, what do you think of these?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JeffNY, Oct 23, 2006.

1. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

The first picture is our store, and the small biz next to us. I'd like to plow the place next to us just because its right there, but im not sure how to go about asking without pissing off the guy whos been plowing it.
    We were paying like $75 for our lot (green), they plowed whenever there was a cover on it.

The second picture is my friends house, pretty small driveway, seems fairly easy.

Third pic is where I live, im in the middle, and I was going to ask the neighbors on each side of me if they would like me to plow, I know alot of you guys say min. $45, but I couldnt imagine charging $45 for the lot in orange, that can't take more than 6-8 min.

So what do you guys think, what kind of prices for these lots, curious what you guys would charge for my biz and house too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dakotaplowboy

Dakotaplowboy Member

I had a friend ask me what I would charge him to do his three car garage driveway. Not big at all. Just long enough to park a couple cars without going over the sidewalk. I told him about 50 to 60 bucks. He said he could make a snowblower payment for that. Then make the payment. This is a business. If I am plowing all my friends out for nothing or next to nothing I am cutting my own throat. Who cares if the guy that use to plow that lot would get upset. It is a business. I originally bought my plow to do my business lot also. I charge myself to plow my own lot. You have to make enough to cover your expenses, that means equipment, repairs, fuel, insurance etc. You have to take all that into account when setting your minimum price. If your new and just anxious to get some accounts to get out and plow, relaxe. There is work out there. Figure out what you need and go with that. Just some thoughts