1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First year plowing questions

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by DieselDan73, Dec 5, 2005.

1. DieselDan73

DieselDan73 Junior Member

Hi, I'm new to this site. I have a question.I got a Hiniker plow for my truck this year. I have a full time, 40 hour a week job, so I got it mainly for my own use, but I got a few contracts for houses near by. My friend has a landscape business and he has many plow truck and accounts. The last couple of days he has asked me to plow because he was behind. I plowed for 8 hours for him Sunday after I got done with my list. I need to know how much I should be paid per hour. I used $50.00 in diesel during that 8 hrs. I just want to make sure I get what it's worth. Thanks.
  2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

i always got 45-50 for doing driveways for this one guy when i was jst on a driveway list...if im doing driveways and complex's ill get 55 even which isnt bad seeing that i always did more driveways spend more time on them...but anywhere from 40 to 50 should be around right...i mean 50 in fuel isnt bad thats what about everyone is using up...thats a tank in my small s10
  3. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

If he's a true "friend" who's "behind" then he should pay you whatever he would've been paid. :nod:
  4. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

I would look at what YOUR own costs are, insurance, fuel, maintenance and your time. I would then suggest to your Friend what you will require to help him out.
  5. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

We get $95.00/hr minimum for subcontract work..
  6. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Thanks for asking

:waving: Hi DieselDan73,
    I wrote the same question earlier! I'm glad we were able to get an ansewer the guy that asked me to plow for him said he pay me anywhere from $15- $20 dollars and hour! :jester: He will not be happy when I hand him this copy! :( Anyway thanks for asking and now I can get what I need to survive!

PaleRider :gunsfiring: