1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First year off on my own...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by alexduta, Jul 15, 2015.

1. alexduta

alexduta Junior Member

Hi guys! I'm new to this, so I hope I posted in the right spot.

After working one winter for someone else, I've decided to take snow removal into my own hands. Have about 30 residential accounts thus far, however I have enough resources to do a lot more.

I'm running into the pricing issue. I need help so I'm not just balparking everything... How do you guys do the pricing? Commercial? Residential? Seasonal? Per push?

Please help me out! :)
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

One season and your ready to go it alone.

Back up.plans? Back up.vehicle(s). Insurance?
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

To reiterate Dieselss questions you need to have a back up plan/rig and have you priced a G/L policy. I would suggest to have coverage for no less than $2M.

Have you any idea of what your operating cost will be, don't just figure on fuel and insurance. Once you've figure this out you'll have an idea of how much you need to charge to cover cost.

What do you have for a truck and plow?

Rates/prices vary from area to area, not knowing where you are you're going to get answers all over the chart.

Resi's seem to be more consistent when it comes to pricing, typically they look to the contractor to determine what level of service which drives the cost.
    Commercial can be more complicated depending on what type of commercial property it is.

Seasonal, per push and triggers are something the customer typically choose or request.

Once you get this information to share you'll still get prices all over the place due to each individuals operating cost equipment used.
  4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Gotta love Plowsite in the summer.
  5. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

LMAO !!!:laughing:
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If this was lawn site he would be asking what plow to put on his bike :D
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic