1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First year in.....contracts??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by moneyclass, Dec 5, 2011.

1. moneyclass

moneyclass Junior Member

Hi everyone....this is my first year into snow removal and actually not going to be using a plow. I am going to go around with my snow blower and do it that way (my truck not big enough for a plow) so I'm advertising now and people are calling me to take care of there driveway and we work out all the details on the phone. So when do people get there contracts signed?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3 months ago. Or if your talking about now ,when you send it to them.

3. moneyclass

moneyclass Junior Member

Yeah talking about now. Im making the deal and working out all the details on the phone. For instance I made a deal yesterday on the phone...when would I give them a contract to sign?

4. grandview

Send it out right away.

5. moneyclass

moneyclass Junior Member

Ok. So let them know on the phone call that I will be sending it out in the mail. Then what have them sign it and send it back to me?

6. grandview

You should have at least 3 copies of your contract. 1 you keep for the info and send out 2 copies,they sign one and send it back and keep one.

7. moneyclass

moneyclass Junior Member

Thank you!!!!!! Now I have to get goin on creating a contract. How long are they usually.....1 page?

8. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

No set standard on how long it is. You mak it yourself.

9. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Oh boy......

10. Remstar

Remstar Member

Hmm, I really dont think your at the point of mailing out your contracts yet. The personal touch is by far the best in your case.
    I would recommend after you negotiate on the phone that you at that point just set a apointment to meet up and go over the paper work ie."sign them up".

In my experience it is best to do this as soon as possible to prevent further shopping from the customer. A added bonus of this initial meeting is it will alow you to actually view the property and develop a game plan for placement of the snow and deal any additional questions or concerns the client might have.

11. moneyclass

moneyclass Junior Member

Very true. I like your idea. Thanks!!!