1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Year for Isolation Module?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by badpeanut, Sep 29, 2012.

1. badpeanut

badpeanut Junior Member
    from ND

What is the first year of GM fullsize trucks (K1500, K2500, and K2500HD if it matters) which require an isolation module (as opposed to the two relay setup)?

I assume the isolation module is required due to the multiplex (CANBUS) implementation by the auto makers?

I think CANBUS implementation was 2006 for GM, but Western recommends the isolation module for 2004 and newer.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

07 and up on gm when they changed the light style other then that you can use an old relay set up. If they made a light harness for the 07 and up relay style you could still use it.I know people that have made there own harnesses on the 07 and newer with the old relays.Only isue is you need another realy for the high beam function on the new trucks high and low stay on toghter and it will burn out your plow bulbs. So none of the trucks really require a module its the 3 plug plow that does.Other then an 08 ford that requires a soft start module. I dont know of any other truck that requires a module.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2012