1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First year and might have got too much

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Duramax66, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Duramax66

Duramax66 Junior Member

Well basically I have the chance at a big contract. Its 6 Fitness centers on a 5 month seasonal contract I have 2 trucks with straight blades and need to do \4 of the lots with one truck. I already have the other truck half covered. Any help on how much plowing 1 or 2 trucks can actually do?

2. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I figure 8 hrs per truck and on a large snowfall thats hard to keep up with. Now if a truck breaks down, what do you do. Buy another truck or find a sub. maybe a sub just on the larger snowfalls.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Your an experienced plower right?
    if so...
    Two trucks in K.C., MO., no problem. Just don't try to plow the lots together. You'll be playing dodge truck all night.

Is this going to be the bulk of your work?

Recommendations: Get a set of wings or box ends.

Learn the lay out of the lots.
    Places to stack snow, land scraping etc etc.
    Take a few pics.

good luck.

4. Duramax66

Duramax66 Junior Member

They are both 8 ft straights and I planned on getting either wings or ends on both but which brand ? and yes I'm expierienced just not running the show. I will have a few other lots but mainly small and close.

5. Duramax66

Duramax66 Junior Member

I just want to make sure when it comes to it I can get the job done. I will get all the lot sizes this weekend and post them if that will help.