1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Video

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Mark13, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Finally remembered to finish a video from early january. Sorry for the poor quality, as usual youtube killed it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F2bMx-lqDyM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F2bMx-lqDyM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    I've got more somewhere to maybe make up another video. The whole 1gb/10 min rule sucks for youtube though.

2. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I got my taken down for using copyrighted music like yours has, good vid though and I do like the song.
    looks like you got some commercial work thier. You take it easy on the 1/2 ton like I do, no need to beat on it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

Mark - great video.. really nice work as well

it seems the folks at youtube dont like acdc becasue they left it on my video as well
    ive been having that problem too.. they offer you to replace with thier boring audio or mute it out.
    try google video or photobucket might have better luck there

4. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

good video mark . looks like got all your bugs worked out this winter:salute: *knock on wood*

5. Smith2287

Smith2287 Member

Nice video there man, I need to get a set of wings for my plow. I do a lot where there are cars on both sides and I angle away from the cars on both sides creating a big pile in the middle. Then it takes about 10 passes to clean it completly because larger piles just fall of my 8' plow.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

good video atleats it wasnt country music

7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Vid...

Don't you just love them wings...

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Last winter when my truck did work I plowed much larger lots. This year all my stuff is pretty small. For a beefed up 1/2ton the thing does great. Put about 2100 miles on this winter with the plow hanging off the front.

Everything has been going great this winter. No problems yet besides hydraulic fluid in my plow that was a bit to thick so it was slow for the first lot. Got plow fluid in it now and it's all better. (knock on wood)

It started out with country music :D

The wings are great. The only downside is that my blade doesn't backdrag or scrape as well with them on. It still does ok but without the wings I can get right to the pavement almost everywhere that isn't very packed down. They sure make lots much easier that you have to keep snow away from cars. I bent my drivers side one a while ago so I've been running a few storms without them, not as bad as I was expecting but still a little more frusterating.

9. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice video mark and real nice work also bud:drinkup:

10. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

can you get pic how you rig camera on door?

try get video when I plow. not good. it shake but it was tape to top of dashboard.

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It's actually mounted on the outside edge of my drivers side mirror. I have a peice of velcro there and a piece of velcro on the bottom of my camera head.

Here is what I'm using for a camera: http://www.vio-pov.com/

I also have a couple peices of velcro on my motocross helmet and am going to put a few more peices on spots on my truck and atv.

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks Nick. One thing I don't like about my wings is they don't let my blade scrape well enough. But they do help control run off which is nice. I don't mind plowing without them I just have to make a few extra passes to clean everything up. I try do very neat work, I plow everything as if it was my own lot/driveway. Had a friend riding along one time who had been riding with another friend for a while and they kept asking "are you done yet??" "so and so would have just left that, they would have left that also, are we done yet!?" :D

13. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice video Mark, good job. i think it came out good. It looks like you can use a V there. I have a 14 min video that i took, Youtube wont let me upload it. i think there is a problem with the file, the video editor wont let me upload it either. keep the vids coming.

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Youtube only allows 1gb or 10 minute limit.This one was originally 14 minutes because I included more of the lot and the lot on the otherside of the building.

Now that I look back I shoulda kept my boss rt3 mount that I sold to RBRONKEMA GTFD (sp?). Would have liked to put a 7.6v with wings on my truck but I found my plow setup complete from GLS and couldn't pass it up.

15. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I have taken 3 videos on my camera and uploaded it on youtube. The plowing video for some reason isnt uploading on youtube. it says something like corrupted file or something. It says the same thing on the editing program, who knows. Ill see if i can take another one tonight.

it is not a bad set up. This is my first year using the v and it kicks a**. It literally cuts time in half for me.

16. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

nice, what storm was the footage from?

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Ummm, the first one after new years I think. Somewhere around the 6th or 7th maybe.

18. FOX-SNO-REMOVAL

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

Nice video!!! and man i love that camera, but 700$ is a little steep for a helmet cam. O well what u going to do the whole chop and edit right there with the hand held screen is pretty cool though. Keep the videos coming.
    p.s. take a shot from the lift arm they are awesome

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  19. FOX-SNO-REMOVAL

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

Nice video!!! and man i love that camera, but 700$ is a little steep for a helmet cam. O well what u going to do the whole chop and edit right there with the hand held screen is pretty cool though. Keep the videos coming.
    p.s. take a shot from the lift arm they are awesome

20. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I was able to get that camera through our friends bike shop for a nice discount. If I had to pay retail I wouldn't have it.

I edited my video with adobe premiere pro. Didn't mess with any of the software it came with or the buttons on the camera, just set it to record, tossed the main body of it on the dash with the cord out the window, and left it until I was done with the lot.

Edit, the lift arm is a good idea but I'm not sure how good the perspective on everything would be, one minute it sees the sky and the next it's starring at the top of the blade and the ground that's withing 4ft infront of the blade then sky again, etc.