1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First to plow!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Got Snow, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Got Snow

Got Snow Senior Member

that's right.....i did some plowing over the weekend!

after blowing leaves for 2 days i was faced with some rather large piles. running out of day light on sunday afternoon, if figured "what the hell" and hooked up the plow.

a little back dragging on the driveway, a few passes down the road and into the woods and presto! :angel:

it was great to hear the scraping of metal on pavement and my new exhaust sounds sweet!!!
  2. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

So you were plowing snow or leaves? :rolleyes:
  3. Mac

Mac Member

I have been thinking of hooking-up the Vee plow and doing the same.

How'd it work?
  4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

well plow leaves beats racking them, to bad you didnt have a pic of plowing the leaves, must have been fun though:)
  5. Got Snow

Got Snow Senior Member

it worked surpisingly well. i only did it on paved areas though. was even able to "stack" a great big pile of leaves! moves acorns good too.

it was great fun, but i think my neighbor thinks i'm nuts!
  6. Mac

Mac Member

I think i'm convinced I'll try it torm. if this rain stops. I'll try to get some pictures.
  7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I've done this before too!

It's like having a giant rake.:waving:
  8. kawdude

kawdude Senior Member

I used mine once to clean cattails out of a dry pond, worked ok
  9. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

The only drawback is your truck will smell like leaves if you use it a lot- especially near the loader.