1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First time user Help with angle problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ffmedic_mt, Dec 11, 2008.

1. ffmedic_mt

ffmedic_mt Junior Member

Have a unimont on an 05 2500 duramax. It recently started acting up with the angle to the left. All other functions work fine but it moves very slow to the right. It does move and you can not stop or hold it from moving but it is very slow. Works the same raised or on the ground. Fluid looks good and is full. New to this plowing stuff Please Help?????

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

More info always helps....

3. ffmedic_mt

ffmedic_mt Junior Member

After reading my post from last night this AM I even had myself confused...Sorry The plow works fine accept when moving Left(drivers side) It does move left but very slow. It starts and stops with the stick and it will not stop moving or speed up with someone out in front assisting it. Hope that makes sence....Mike

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sounds like the Pilot Operated Check Valve is stuck closed. Broken spring in there more than likely.

Link to mechanics guide,

http://www.westernplows.com/publibrary.asp?cat=242

Page 52 will show you the break out for the P/O valve.

A long, thin pair of needle nose pliers and a thin magnet stick really help with taking everything out.