1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Time Poster

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by greensideup, Dec 5, 2003.

1. greensideup

greensideup Junior Member
    from Ohio

Just found your site and I could not resist posting a pic of my F-350 ready for her maiden voyage (as soon as the snow gets here).

We are scapers by summer but this year we decided to take the snow contracts for our current customers.

A bit scared but excited all the same.

2. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

sweet truck

looks like you're all set for ballast.

Hope you get snow ASAP

3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

welcome to plowsite:waving:
  4. greensideup

from Ohio

Thanks, I just was reading a bunch of posts in some of the other areas here,,,,Man-o-man there is a ton of great info sorry i can not contribute any, being a snow rookie and all. but I sure will be visiting here a bunch!!!

We are into commercial landscaping with mowing, fert and irrigation as our prime services but this year by request from most of our property managers we took over the snow contracts.

They like the one point of contact and we liked not having another contractor on the grounds.

Again thanks.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2003
  5. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Good looking set up. Looks like you need a spreader. THATS where the money is! Good Luck.
  6. greensideup

from Ohio

Good call, but already one step head of ya.

I put a Snow Ex 575 on already, yea I might have to load `er up more than I care to think about, but I bought the adapter kit to use it on one of our ZTR`s to help spread the fert this next year.

Right now loaded on the truck is a skid of Halite and in front of that is 10 bags of mix "Power thaw" for a few sidewalks on Physicans offices and a few other high foot traffic areas. The Halite is going to be used (if needed) on 1 church parking lot and a 34 unit HOA plus a couple of manufacturing parking lots, but most apartments complexs we do dont want ice control unless there is an ice storm.

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

if you don't mind me asking what did the snow x cost ya ???
  8. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet
  9. greensideup

from Ohio

Around $1,100 for the spreader plus $129.00 for the ZTR mounting Kit and I think another $100.00 for the Lawn kit.

My dealer and myself built the wiring harness for the ZTR so you can take the controller from the truck and stick it on the mower,,,or you can just use a toggle switch.
  10. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Whaaat, no ice control? Sell em on the idea of sand. Buy it in bags. Sell for $15 - 20 per bag installed. Easy Moneypayup

CHINOOK SNOWMAN Junior Member

Nice looking setup! It's sure easy to spend money in this business isn't it. I was curious what type of ZTR's you run, because it sounds like a good idea using the spreader for fert.

We run Walker ZTR's for lawns in the summer and use one with a blade for sidewalks and driveways in the winter. It would be nice to get even more use out of them.
  12. greensideup

from Ohio

"CHINOOK" I run Scags, large framed and small framed.

This setup is going to be mounted on a 52" Tiger Cub W/small frame so not to scare the heck out of our resdential customers.

But I think this setup is going to be really productive, pull up in front of the property, drop the gate and zip-zip then back on the trailer,,,,cha ching,,,next stop.

Remember though only the 575 and smaller ones will mount up to the ZTR`s.

And also thanks to you all for nice words.

13. tovoninc

tovoninc Senior Member

Greensideup, welcome to plowsite. Nice looking setups!

where in Ohio are you located?

We are between Troy & Springfield in Clark County (northeast of Dayton).

14. greensideup

from Ohio

"Tovononc" I am based out of Xenia Township, South St. Rt 68.

We operate in Beavercreek, Centerville, Englewood, Dayton, Fairborn and one HOA in Enon there in Clark Co.

Greensideup is not our Biz name a Buddy of mine keeps saying to me "to keep the green side up" for some dumb reason,,so I used it for a screen name.