1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First time plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by firefighter1406, Nov 6, 2008.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I just bought a used BOSS Power V from a friend. With my truck listed below I don't have a plow prep package. Are front airbags a option to help carry the weight? Do I need to do anything else to my truck. I am putting strobes, and a yellow rotater up top.
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

:salute:well depends on how much you want to spend and how much maintenance you want to do ,couple of options depends on truck weight capacity. timbren suspension enhancement systems ,no maint ,Firestone ride rite air bags maint ,add a leaf .
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Put ALOT of ballast in the bed will help too.
  4. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

A set of timbrens and you should be good. Thats a quality set-up you have there.

Welcome to the site!

5. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

That is a good plow rig you have there. I had the same other than a crew cab. The fronts are so over built on those trucks you really need to do nothing. I did a leveling kit on mine which is really adding a leaf and it helped out on the front not sagging carrying the plow in the lifted position. Not needed, but it made the truck look better when the plow wasn't on and it doesn't even really change the ride of the truck either. Those 7.3 diesels weigh a ton so they still ride good. My buddy has a V-10 and did the same thing to his because he liked the look of the truck leveled out, his rides like a bucking bronco:D