1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First time plower

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by orange toys, Dec 16, 2008.

1. orange toys

orange toys Member

Im looking at getting into plowing and I have no idea what to look for when getting plows. My truck is a 04 2500DH 6.0 4.10gears and Im running 285/75/16 tires. this truck is also my daily driver for now.

What I'm looking to know is wear/tear on the truck, front end wieght, etc....

2. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

most plow manufactures as colorfully listed above, have a system that you enter your truck info and it convinces you what you need... then from it you can research specifics of it as weight and stuff, once you get an idea of type of plow, you can peek at parts in forum dedicated to the plow manufacturer and read up on pro's and con's. also will see in many post many related questions being answered.

I'm a newbie myself, but before buying I did research, from my GWVR to my curb weight front and rear, then adding plow weight to front and going 3/4 balast for back, then adding Timbren to help carry it... With all the reading i done, I was able to get direct answers...

Hope this helps
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Welcome to PS and if you read through all the plow forums and some of the other forums you will find answers to ALL your questions.
    A little late in the year to get in the snow removle business tho.
  4. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe a bit late but he can easily find work as a sub