1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first time plower-2 feet of snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Alpha42, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Alpha42

Alpha42 Junior Member

Hi I am new to this and today was my first day out plowing. What an experience. In the middle of 2 feet of snow-what an initiation! I got stuck twice-once my right rear wheel went in a DEEP drainage ditch. I had to be pulled out by another 2500Hd. But you know what I had a ball! Miraculously I did not damage my truck. Came AWFUL Close though. I don't know which is worse plowing uphill drives or downhill driveways. The downhill drives give me visions of blasting through the customers garage door-Ice under snow- Holy cow!! The uphill ones are not bad as long as there is not a #@$%ing DRAINAGE DITCH that you might slide down sideways into!! Ask me how I Know the horrific feeling as the frame bangs into something that I did not know was there. Then to have to be at the mercy of anyone who will or worse yet can help me. There is a new neighborhood behind me and all the people are from out of state. They don't know anyone here so here I come along at 40-45 bucks a driveway and they are lined up waiting!! BUT all the houses have these super scary huge drainage ditches on either side of these uphill driveways. So when you come down crooked LOOKOUT. Once my plow is 2/3 paid for I will pick and choose the houses I do for sure. Let the guys with old trucks and nothing to lose do those for 25.00. Thats all these idiots were asking for in 2 Feet of snow,then 1 guy would get out and shovel as the other yodel would smoke his tires trying to get up or back out of the driveways. I was geeting nearly twice that and this was my first time out. Maybe because I have a new truck and plow and all of my teeth. All in all I had a ball!!!:drinkup:

2. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

Thats the way to learn, just go out and have fun.:D Good luck with the plowing, glad you're getting snow. For me we've had 3 plows this winter. No snow on the ground anymore. Looks like an early start to pruning and spring cleanups.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Have fun, Alpha42. Now next year you can keep some of those driveways, get more and mark the ditches and obstructions.