1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Time Out

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SidelinePropMgm, Dec 6, 2002.

1. SidelinePropMgm

SidelinePropMgm Junior Member

We finally got 1" of snow. I did not have any accounts however, i spent time out in rural areas passing out handbills into mailboxes. On the day of the snow, picked u business from a church and 2 restaurants. Not alot but, I musst start somewhere. For anybody just starting, don't give up. I know I won't. If anybody is in the Dayton OH. area and wants to give away any business, let me know.

GOOD LUCK!:drinkup:

2. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Seen my new flier?

WHICH TRUCK DO YOU WANT IN YOUR DRIVEWAY WHEN IT SNOWS?

amb & f150 1.jpg

3. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Michael,

I like your idea for ad. Something new!

Rick

4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Neither! They're BOTH FORDS !!! :nono:

Just kidding!

I'm guessing its a F-150? With the plow down your getting an awful lot of TTB syndrome (front axle squat). Is the plow not all the way down?

Not bashing you, just giving you a heads up. Watch those front hubs. Many a Ford TTB have plowed many, MANY seasons, but most have upgraded their hubs.

Real cool ad you got there! :D

5. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Tom,
    Of course I'd want a FORD, I want to get the job done right the first time for the least amount of $$$$!!

LOL

Rick

6. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Rooster,

I do somewhat agree with you. But when your raised around Chevies your whole life, I'd sooner cut off my left arm then drive a FORD! (Hope you understand!) Its a born and bred thing ;)
    Small Block Chevies are what got My Father into them, and me. Cant beat an engine thats almost 50 years old and basically unchanged!

I do like FORDs' .....Solid front axle 4x4, high cab height, 235 tires, 250-350-450-550 all being the same cab! But thats about it.

Price wise, fully optioned there darn close feature for feature.

I like to take all the BIG 3's BEST features and come up with a "perfect" truck WITHOUT a brand behind it! Something that EVERYONE would want! Problem is.....It'd cost $60K !!!

:D

7. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

TLS

I like to take all the BIG 3's BEST features and come up with a "perfect" truck WITHOUT a brand behind it! Something that EVERYONE would want! Problem is.....It'd cost $60K !!!

I liked your comment

But for 60 wouldnt you get just the stripped down model, rubber matts, a/c del, radio del, etc :eek: