1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First time out.....................

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sledhead, Dec 29, 2001.

1. sledhead

sledhead Member

Finally had a snow fall that required removal. Approx 4 inchs.
    Started at 10:00 pm fri. and just returned home at 5:30 am sat.
    New truck and plow did great, driver just needs to get used to new control (Western Cab Command).

2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Good to hear! First plowable snowfall here too (I mentioned it in my thread "Unfamiliar fluffy white powder falling.................") ours ended up being about 6" total.

Other areas nearby got more - one of my co-workers at my full-time job lives 1/2 hr west of here and they have 12" now and still falling. Unfortunately, his 1/2-ton slid into the ditch next to his driveway on the way in to work this morning....................... :(
  3. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

That "Cab Commader" is awsome, isn't it?

I have them for all my plow trucks.

You can do every thing with one hand if you have too.
  4. captjack

captjack Member

I have that weastern controler to. I was thinking about making a snow plow video game and use it as a game stick since it is not being used for anything else right now.
    Glad to hear someone is pushng snow.
  5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey, great idea! Never thought about that. Maybe Bill Gates could make a snowplowing video games for us snowplowers to play with. :D
  6. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Just what we need to do, give Bill more money.
  7. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

Hey sledhead read your private message.
  8. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Glad to hear some more of us are finally plowing. Santa brought my 4 year old the Tonka Construction computer game with realistic controller. It has a set up that you strap to the key board that has a steering wheel, forward\reverse lever, right\left lever & up\down lever similar to a real loader. You can use a crane, bulldozer, excavator, dump truck, front end loader & more? to do different projects. I tried the excavator & it was somewhat realistic & fun. I hear you can also plow snow at the airport. I was thinking also that there should be a computer\video game for us snow nuts to plow snow. After looking at the Buffalo pictures, I think I may put the game in while he's asleep so I can plow some snow without him interrupting me to take his turn constantly ;) There certainly isn't any real snow here to plow, so I might as well practice.
  9. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, it sounds like your four years old boy were a very good boy this year. If your boy keep it up, maybe Santa will get him a real loader someday when he's old enough and drive it like a pro. :D

It would certain be nice if there is a snowplowing video game. I think there is a difference between video game and stimulator. I think we would want a snowplowing software that is more of a stimulator than a video game. Stimulators is more realistic and for practicing. Such as like the Boeing airplanes stimulators that Microsoft sells. But how are we going to get someone like Gates to make it?
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2001
  10. sledhead

sledhead Member

Maybe if you stimulated him. LMAO

11. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Hmm... If there was such a game thay need to make it multi user so we can compeat against each other or work in teams.
    Plus thay would need to have a verity of trucks and plows to choose from. And thay need to have break downs.

Sima could include it with thier membership as a traing tool.

I'd put money on some friendly compition.
  12. sledhead

sledhead Member

Snow plow compitition

Count me in on the competition.
    That sounds like a winner.

You know, They have logging comps. Why not plowing comps.

Team events and solo events.
    We could have state finals and the best in the state goes up against the other states best.

Im going to get ESPN on the phone and see if they want to add this to their winter X games.

Sorry, too much coffee.
  13. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I think I remember seeing something like that being done last year in Kansas.
  14. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

We're not getting clobbered like Buffalo, but we're stil getting a decent share of the white stuff (finally) - out last night and will be again tonight to stay ahead of "da snow". Been snowing fairly steady this afternoon at about 1" per hour.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i have salted 2 or 3 times and plowed maybe half the routes, in the last few days but still have minimal total snowfall