1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First time out with new ex80

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by comeeonn, Dec 10, 2009.

1. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

well up here in buffalo we had a pretty good storm today. i got to use my new plow and im very impressed with it.

i plowed commerical and residential contracts and it peformed well. no complaints

oh and well this is my first post so hello everyone im Nick from clarence NY.:waving:

duramax plow.jpg

duramax plow1.jpg

2. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

That's nice, I just got a Ex75 installed yesturday, and havn't had a chance to use it yet!

3. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I have the same plow and have been happy with it. It really excels on smooth asphalt at speed, really throws the snow.

4. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

Have you had any problem with the jack so far, I have been hearing complaints about the jack. Also if you don't mind me asking what did you pay for it with tax and everything?

5. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

It seems like these plows are really starting to become popular.

6. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Last January I paid $5198.00 installed, not a lot of dealers near by for me in Kansas so I probably paid more than most. The jack is cheesy but it does the job, just have to remember to have the handle facing forward and lots of chain slack.

7. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

WOW, I got mine installed with tax for $4375.00, that's quite a big difference Mines the EX75, not the EX80

8. Nick Estes

Nick Estes Member

WOW! I live near detroit and you can get a snowdogg ex75 installed out the door for $3660 and a ex80 for $3980. I plan on getin a new truck in the spring and a snow dog ex80 as well

9. Nick Estes

Nick Estes Member

10. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

Nick who did you get your plow from i live next town over in amherst

11. KAG

KAG Senior Member

Well that's what happens when there is no competition around.

12. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

funny you mention the jack, yeah mines bent. buddy of mine was using my truck and when he was puttin the plow on he pushed it to far like a foot or so on the pavement and the jack dug into the ground.

i paid 4,260 installed and that includes tax

13. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

niagara performance in lockport , they did a great job, very helpful.
    7166259181 is their number

14. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

yeah it does work very well.

my only concern is the A-frame. come this spring i will have my buddy whos a welder by trade beef it up. i plan on getting the wings for it next year and doing a lot more commercial lots.

15. tom's snow pro

tom's snow pro Member

have you tried stacking snow with it yet? how did the snow flap on top of the plow work out with that? I think mine will break with alot of snow?

16. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

its pretty tough, i stacked snow pretty high in the parking lot and everything was good. my buddy was leaning on it today for like an hour and after he got up it went back to normal.

17. Nick Estes

Nick Estes Member

so all in all would you reccomend it for heavy commerical use

18. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

ummmm... im not to sure i would for heavy commercial use, but i do 3 good size lots and im not worried about anything.

like i said the A frame seems to be the only problem spot for heavy commercial use. but as stated im going to have it beefed up next spring before the wings go on and next winter i do plan on using it for some pretty big lots.

19. curbscraper

curbscraper Junior Member

TOM'S, mine(EX85) shattered second time out with it. Wasn't from stacking though, hit some ice, tripped on curb and top hit the bank. Completely shattered the entire deflector all the way across. Other than that I have been real happy with the plow since.

20. plowman69

plowman69 Member
    from amherst

the newer deflectors are a different material now