1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First time out with 9-6' EXV

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oldmankent, Jan 21, 2012.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Well, finally got to use my plow. Not much snow here, but enough to push. Wow. Is this thing loud. Must be the stainless moldboard and steel cutting edges. I'm going to have to get used to the controller too. Quite a bit different from my old snoway with rocker switches. I have brand new edges on the plow and it was really jumpy on my own driveway. I have a driveway with just grizzly pac. Pretty unfinished. Is that just the new edges causing it to jump around or is that a trip edge thing? Man, I wish I could put some poly edges on this plow to quite it down. The wheels are turning. It scrapes pretty good though and didn't tear up as much gravel as I thought it would.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If the gravel isn't frozen, take the slack out of the chain till you feel the front of the truck start to pull down a bit.

3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

xtreme v's get along with asphalt a lot better than gravel. and don't worry you'll get used to the controller

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

They do rattle around a bit even when just driving. I cut some 3/8 rubber fuel line into 3" pieces I had laying around and then sliced it length wise and slide the pieces under each side of the mold board. It help a lot of the rattling noise.

5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I actually tried that but scraping wasn't great due to less than flat contours.

I like the idea of padding behind the skin. Although I think a poly edge would make the biggest difference.

6. Pinzgauer

Pinzgauer Senior Member
    from Vermont

..... that's why they make shoe kits to keep the plow off the gravel. I have them and they work great.

7. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

shoe kit for sale 50 bucks pm me if you want it.