1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first time hiniker owner ???'s

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by cornbinder, Mar 5, 2008.

1. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i just bought a 95 ford f-250 diesel with a 7.5 hiniker plow on it. i believe it's a few years old but it works nice. can you guys tell me anything about these plows?? i run all western cable operated except one western unimount. after seeing how the hiniker hooks up and un hooks, i'm gonna sell my unimount cause it's a pain in the ass the put on and take off. what kind of fluid does it take? it's a 7202 or 7505 or something like that. let me know what the pro's and con's are of these plows , i can't wait to use it in this weekends storm. later, pete
  2. ramsport1500

ramsport1500 Member

I just ran across your post, I own a 8 foot Hiniker Poly trip edge, on a 1999 dodge ram 1500
    I love the plow, easy to hook up and unhook
    It takes about 15 seconds from the time you drive into the mount
    We use either Hiniker plow oil or Kubota super UDT for cold climates
    The Kubota super udt seems to work superb
    Thanks for the post
  3. whitehat55

whitehat55 Junior Member
    from MA

I own an 8' Hiniker C-Plow. I absolutely love it. I have no complaints. The only complaints I ever see are people with problems hooking up after an improper dismount. Follow the directions and you will have no trouble at all. After you drop the plow to dismount and shut the controller off, get out, put the foot down, and stand right on the top side of the lift piston to depress it. When you stop sinking down pull the lever to unlock the forks, unplug and backout. The next time you go to hookup it will take you an honest 15seconds to hookup if you want to race about it. good luck
  4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

The unhooking & hookups are great except when you get an ice build up in the forks of the plow. My only complaint so far is having broken 2 mounts so far... other than that these things are bullet proof!
  5. mjd

mjd Junior Member
    from indiana

where are they breaking,do you have to by new ones or are they able to be repaired
  6. hinikersnowplow

hinikersnowplow Member
    from on aol

i have owned a hiniker for 6 years and never had the mount break . must be your driving error of hitting stuff in a parking lot or something to cause your mount to break
  7. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe you should read some of the other posts! Instead of pulling up old stuff and attacking me or my drivers, it was proven to be a defect and Hiniker took care of the problem! As you can tell I am a bit irritated by your comment, and people who pull up dead threads just to comment on them when they first join! :gunsfiring:
  8. bkstoffe

bkstoffe Junior Member

I use shell aeroshell fluid 4 hydraulic oil - great for extreme low temps - MIL 5606
    (mil-spec) it is an aviation hydraulic fluid- It is expensive, not really much cheaper than Hiniker or any other brand oil unless you buy by the drum. I just happen to have it available