1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First time doing driveways....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ChevKid03, Jan 14, 2008.

1. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Today was the first time I got to try out my new plow mounted on my 03 2500HD. I used to do parking lots alot when I worked for a landscaper here in town and today was the first day that I really tackled any residential driveways... I don't think that I did that bad.... I had every imagineable driveway.. It is (to me at least) very hard to plan out where to put the snow, especially when your paranoid has hell to hit, and especially with the wet heavy slushy snow that we had today. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the turnout and made some new customers. One little problem though.... with all the caution in the world... i end up hitting and tearing out the curb at MY OWN HOUSE..:realmad:... Oh well, at least it was mine only... Lesson learned.

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Dang CURBS..I hate 'em....ALL OF 'EM...!! :realmad:

Concrete, granite....asphault...they are the one thing that gives me a pain in my a$$ every time I'm out there....I haven't broken anything yet but they LOVE to make my plow go B-A-N-G..!!! (Full trip) Hate 'em..... :gunsfiring:
  3. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I hear ya there!! I have the full trip too... next time around will be the tripedge..