1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First super market parking lot. (ACME)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ticolawnllc, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ticolawnllc

ticolawnllc Junior Member
    from NJ

I got the job , got the insurance, got the equipment. (I bid the right way)

I would be a subcontractor for a Cherry Logistics.

I just don't have experience with this type of account.

I guess you could say I'm off to play with the big boys. Maybe the slightly bigger boys lol.

Any tips on things I should look out for as far as dealing with store managers or customer of the store, union workers?

Any intel on cherry logistics from il. ?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't hit anything,how's that?

3. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Plow fast, plow safe, and don't break or damage your equipment or the customers property.

4. ticolawnllc

from NJ

What?
    No.
    That curb was like that since the last time I hit it:jester:

5. ticolawnllc

from NJ

This is why I love this site. Everyone is so jaded.

Last year we go hit really hard with 3ft snow fall. I had to help every Dick and Jane just so I could get to my jobs. (they kept getting stuck in front of me) Than I was the one that needed a hand and not one SOB could take the time to help me. That’s the day I stopped caring. :(

6. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

We all help each other here too. A truck from another company broke his salt spreader on the lot next to one of ours and we helped him get it going so he could finish his lot. After all we are all out making sure the GP is safe when out on the lots we clear.

7. ticolawnllc

from NJ

Next time I'll be clearer. I helped plenty of my friend out when their truck brake down, when they over sleep, or get stuck ect. As they have helped me. I would always help them out no problem. I was talking about jerks in min coopers or one guy in a Nisan sentra that I dug out and then he couldn't even help stop cars from coming down that street so I could get out of that hell hole. That's why if I see some dude in a snow bank I'll ask if they have gas an AAA but thats it! I know I'm new on this site and I'm not the most experienced but I've done this 6-7 year. I'm not fresh off the boat.

Down by me the snow cycle is 10 years. Thats 1crazy year and 9 years of 2in snow falls. Last 3 years I"ve had to learn the bulk of what I need to know.

8. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Did you happen to inquire as to why your getting this contract in the third week of January?

9. ticolawnllc

from NJ

I was thinking that the other guy didn't want to bother seeing that all the good snow is falls won't happen for another 6 years. I would have said because the other guy go riped off but we haven't had any snow so far.
    I got 2 inches this morning but it was water by 9am.

If I'm lucky I'll get 3" by March 15th

The insurance endorsements for the contract are $475.00. I told them that I would do the work but they have to reimburse me for the insurance. I would have to plow the place for 6 times before I make a profit.

10. ticolawnllc

from NJ

Anyway I was thinking that we get the contract now do the lot once or twice a year. When we get the big storms and make good money then. If they dump me for the big stuff I'll give them a call and :realmad:. lol

I only gamble with business. Hell its the only way a living. I could just get scared and let the opportunity go by or I could take a chance and hope for the best.

11. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

What are they offering you for the lot, per-push, or per-season?

The only thing I would be concerned about is making sure you had a good sub or two with heavy equipment to help dig out after a big storm.

12. ticolawnllc

from NJ

Its small. I'll find it on google and post it. I've live around it for 25 years. I've seen all different company's plow the place growing up.I know what your talking about. Last year was the record here. 3ft in one snow fall and I think two 24" snowfalls.

If I can make make it happen with that I'm in the clear.

13. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

If nobody has taken this lot at this point, then that's a red flag for me. Sounds like the price is too low. I'm guessing a national contractor has it? If not, then the local management has dropped the ball.