1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Spray run of the season

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by szorno, Nov 12, 2003.

1. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Light snow is predicted for tomorrow night :bluebounc
    Sooo... We get to spray tonight. we are using traditional mag chloride on most of our accounts. One way-upscale neighborhood is having us use Caliber this year.
    What do you guys use for Anti-icing?
    Mag, Caliber, Magic liquid??? NC1000??
  2. EIB

EIB Senior Member

3. rainair

rainair Senior Member

how do like the "MAG" ? I am looking into a distributorship, what kind of pricing are you getting from your distributor?:waving:
  4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

Caliber M-1000 for walks, I dont spray lots just pre salt
  5. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Hi Rainair (Bill),
    We like Mag very well. We use it almost exclusively as a pre-storm treatment. It makes the plowing much more effective. It peels up to wet black every time. Ice doesn't form even when someone drives over the lot before we plow. It also makes up to about 1 inch of snow not need plowing. My key customers (2 med centers and the FD HQ) love it. We have been doing it for 5 years now. We get a great price from our supplier, so we charge the customer $2 per gallon delivered. A gallon covers 500 to 800 sq ft, depending on north side or other. We can schedule it 24-48 hrs before the storm. It lasts about 2 weeks on the ground if the storm passess by.payup