1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Snowman

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hyperpack, Oct 28, 2003.

1. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

We got a couple inches of snow last night, Nothing stuck on the roads but I saw my first snowman this year.
    8 miles away the county plowed 4 inches this morning.
    The big lake does strange things with temps. and snowfall.
  2. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Ahhhhhh........ Pics would have been wicked.

I always love the smell of fresh snowfall.......:rolleyes:
  3. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

You really must be smelling the wrong colors of snow. Snow's suppose to be white and last I checked it doesn't really have a smell. ;)
  4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Keep away from YELLOW snow :D

5. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Yall must be looking at and smaelling an entirelly different kind of snow than me..........

My snow is green and smells like money.

My momma always said money doesn't fall from the sky, but I beg to differ.
  6. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I can smell snow. Friends & family think I'm a wacko, but I really can. :alien:
  7. smwmarc

smwmarc Junior Member
    from Maine

I love that smell too!

You got it right on there SnowGodFather!payup

But I know what you mean BRL I can smell it too. It tells me to get ready for some fun in the truck. So you aren't wacko, unless maybe we both are! :eek: :dizzy:

Hey by the way I want to thank you guys for posting something I could reply to. I am new to this site for about a four weeks now. This is my very first post. I have read lots of threads, FAQS, and posts. Lots of great stuff. I really liked the BBQ threads. I felt like I don't really have much to contribute yet, but am anxious to start getting in to threads and mingle with y'all.
  8. hyperpack

hyperpack Senior Member

Welcome SMWMARC
    I see you are a Machinist, That will be handy when you plow goes on the fritz, Mine gets repaired with homemade parts most of the time.
  9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I cant wait for our first snowfall:nod:
  10. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Tell me you can't go out in the winter and take a deep sniiff and tell that it is about to snow or not. It's a sixth sense I have come accustomed to.
  11. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

The best time of the year in my opinion is any time from about 12 midnight till about 4 am during a snow storm. To be out plowing is sooo peaceful. When you get out off the truck all that you hear is the soft patter of the snow flakes hitting the ground and the sky is such an amazing color of pink from the very low ceiling and the reflection of the street lights in the snow.

12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Snowstorms are the most hectic time around here, it seems.

Everyone has to go to the grocery store at 3am "incase we get snowed in" my favorite time would be about 2am on a cool fall night. Listening to the bugs, and the fire crackling. You just can't beat it, unless all the yahoos would stay home during snowstorms....