1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first snowfall for northeast

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sectlandscaping, Oct 28, 2011.

1. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

Its sounds like the northeast may get 2-10" this weekend. Some weather reports say it will be rain or snow/rain mix. Crazy to think of snow in october. The majority of my customers havent even called for leaf clean ups yet.

I had two seasonal commercial accounts that start nov 1st ask if there covered under this. Everybody wants something for nothing. What would any other business do? They would say tough luck. I havent decided to cover it or charge for a push.

2. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

We have some also, if it says nov1 or dec 1st, then i would charge extra for anything earlier.

3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

There's a reason for the contract dates.

I would talk to them to see if they will approve "out of contract" service, as you will be obligated to charge them for it.

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Lucky SOB's!!! payup :redbounce

Eastern snow.jpg

Eastern snow.jpg

5. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

Are they long time accounts? if so i would say take care of them even if they arent i would still say plow them it's only 4 days there are so many snow plowing companies low balling each outher out there

6. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

I have one that I'm taking care of and one that I'm charging. I've worked out with them that we'll run under last year's contract, since THEY didn't bother thinking snow until it was in the forecast...none of the paperwork is done. At least I know they'll be open to the idea of signing in August next year.

7. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

8. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

Here is the latest map.payup

snow map.jpg

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go plow them. In 2006 with that storm we had in Oct 13th I plowed every place I did the year before and they didn't even send in their contracts yet,at no charge either.

10. sectlandscaping

Its a newer customer but they signed a 2 yr deal on one place and I have another account with them also. The two apartment complexes dont add up to a acre together. So its not a lot of money or time if I do it. They told me I could pick up the check for nov today too. So they seem like a good company to work with.

If it does snow its going to be slush. Theres a lot of rain coming with it so it all depends on temps.

The other one is a hotel that decided not to pay tax on the invoice I sent them. Who does that? I went to a auto parts store today and just for kicks refused to pay the tax. It didnt work!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  11. grandview

Rebill them. then call the billing department and talk to them why they don't think they have to pay it.

12. sectlandscaping

I was going to talk to them monday when I went to cut the property but now there might be snow on the ground. I'm assuming that they think taxes should be included in quote but the contract under payments terms says "Payment shall be made only upon completion and acceptance of work. The contractor must submit monthly invoices for completed work or as agreed in the payment schedule. Invoices must include sales tax." I'm thinking there use to dealing with Joe with the pick up.

13. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I cant plow...My plow goes on my new truck tuesday

14. grandview

Did you read that before you singed it?

so 100.00 bucks will look like this

100.00 +9% tax =109.00
    or
    109 tax included
    breakdown
    99.11 + 9% =109.00

15. sectlandscaping

I did I dont think they did. Its my contract same I use for everyone. What I was saying is they must think the 100 has tax included in the price or that they dont have to pay taxes.

16. grandview

Is the accounting office in a different State? If not then they know they have to pay it.

17. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

he probably doesn't pay property taxes either

18. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

They are probably not used to paying taxes since Patel probably got a tax break and a grant from the Government that doesnt need repaid to open his hotel in the first place.

19. WhitePlowr

WhitePlowr Senior Member

ITS FREAKING CRAZY.... THE MADNESS..... THE HORROR...... THE TERROR..... :) start your engines............................

20. hackitdown

hackitdown Member

Looks like 6 to 12 in my town. One plow is in the shop for repair...uh oh.