1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Breck75, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

Just wanted to say that I got to use my new Boss today, we got between 4"-6" of snow today. All I can say is that it rocks. 1/2 ton handles it very well. Just can't wait until I get my timbrens installed. :cool:

2. writon

writon Junior Member

Just picked up 6-8" in kansas city. Had atleast 30 calls today needing snow removal :nono:

3. WHAT!! We only got about a half inch of slush and just about a quarter inch of snow. I'm gonna complain as soon as I figure out who I can complain to about the weather.

4. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

we got about 5-6", I loved it. about damn time. I was pretty underprepared, as was everyone else in town. Monday night I had tires for the truck, but they were'nt mounted, no balljoints in truck, no shocks on truck, no brakes, pump was at shop, plow was getting blasted, truck wouldn't start when cold, etc.... A few glowplugs, some balljoints, a friend at a tire shop, shocks, some luck with the sandblasting and pump shops, and tues night/wed morning I had her all together at about 3am. slept for 30mins.(the most I'd had in 2 nights) and hopped to it. I'd never plowed with the truck and it worked flawlessly all day... come on more snow......
    oh yea, writon holler if you need anyone out in the Lee's Summit end of town, we might be able to swap some accounts around
    greg

5. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Had my first plow of my life today. Got a little over two inches. things took a wile; I think I was to picky, took to long (i got evry bit of snow, on every parking lot, around every parked car). any ways got in the this morning at 4:30. good luck to all of you.

6. writon

writon Junior Member

oh yea, writon holler if you need anyone out in the Lee's Summit end of town, we might be able to swap some accounts around
    greg[/QUOTE]

We have 17 public storage units and a couple other apartment complex's. We lost a tranny in one of our trucks and our back up guy could only do one lot for me, So it would be great to at least have another option on the missouri side.
    Give me a call at 913-208-0720, I also hear that it may snow this monday and tuesday payup

7. writon

writon Junior Member

I wont push between cars unless they are atleast three apart. And if people leave the lot while im there i don't usually go back and pick them up.

8. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

I bet you can cut your time in half!

the next time you will actually make money! I can not wait for my first cut.
    over $600 3-6..I love it when a plan comes together..the rule of steel.

9. bottlefed89

bottlefed89 Member

huh??
    ??????????????

10. hesko1

hesko1 Member

what?????????

11. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Where????????????????

12. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

why??????? :p

13. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

w h o ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

14. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

when??????????????

15. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Snow monday night and a Rain/Snow Mix on Wednesday here in New England.......

16. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

huh, okay!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :drinkup: