1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first snow with my new toy

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dirt digger, Mar 16, 2007.

1. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

well i just drove almost 1000 miles last saturday to pick her up and thought i would have to wait until next winter to play in the snow, but mother nature gave us a suprise today!!

Picture 081.jpg

2. dirt digger

theres a little restoration work i need to do to her, but overall its great

Picture 084.jpg

3. dirt digger

last one for now

Picture 085.jpg

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'm getting cold just looking at you!:D

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

oh no here we go................

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

just kidding that thing looks awesome

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Is that a 2N or a 9N?? Looks real nice

8. dirt digger

its an 8N....last year they made the model "N's"...its a 1952

whats the matter Tom, afraid of the competetion?...haha, i saw you the other day rolling through town and honked my horn but you didnt see me, i was in a company truck though...you need a new tailgate bud

9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah everyone says that about the tailgate but im gonna have to come see this toy in person sometime

10. dirt digger

here it is loaded up in Ohio...16 hours of driving and just shy of 1000 miles in one day, left at 3am and got back a little after 7pm....come on over, it will be in the hay fields this spring...PM me with your cell number and i'll give you a shout

Picture 062.jpg

11. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Nice find. I've always wanted an 8N. Have fun!

12. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

My grandpa used to have an old 2N. I beleive it was a 1943. That tractor was so cool, the old 4 cylinder. It had a lot of power too. I used it to pull the double bottom plow the disk and brush hog/ finish mower. Had a snow blade for it too. Those old Fords are some great nostalgia!!!! I restored it in 2002, but when my grandfather passed in 05, the family went to war over that tractor. Of course they said the ole f-u to me and sold it. God was I so mad:mad: I had so many memories with that tractor

13. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks great. Probably one of the nicer ones I've seen in a while. What I would do for one of those...

14. dirt digger

all those tractors are great, this thing pulls like a champ...i have a little work to do with the throttle lever staying in place but that shouldnt be too bad, i've already re-built the governor and did a complete Carb. job on it, i just need the weather to warm up so i can really get some work done ...you can always tell an 8N from a 2N/9N from the rear wheels...on the 8N the lug nuts are close radius while on the 2N/9N the lug nuts are much wider apart

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  15. 1sthippy

1sthippy Member

Grill Guard

Dirt Digger, I use the same one on my p/u in the summer when I take the plow head off. And that's one Ford I really like. Good luck with it. Hippy

16. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

Ran a Jubilee like that.

That is sharp!

17. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

There still are a few of those old N series Ford tractors around here but no where nere the amount of old Farmall's that you see on just about every road.

18. mopar/hiniker

mopar/hiniker Junior Member
    from iowa

nice tractor. but you should of bought a IH

19. dirt digger

HA i looked at them but really wanted a small widefront...plus my buddies uncle is a farmall collector and i have driven enough of his "red junk" to know that i didnt want to compete with him. But in all seriousness i wanted a small widefront and the model A was just a little too small for me

20. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice find! My uncle has the same tractor. Handed down from my grandfather who was the original owner. My uncle did a total restoration on it and still uses to put in lawns and plow the gardens.