1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First snow reflection question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Vaughn Schultz, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I had my first plow today/ last night. I did a good job, May, to good? We got every bit of snow of the ground shoveled every side walk, around every pump. I found my self going back over and over again because, a small bit of snow slid of the end of the plow on a run. I know this is a hard question to answer but at what point is enough, enough. :help:

Thank you for your help. :nod:

2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

As long as you can improve it, do it because thats what keeps them coming back and setting you apart from the crowd. I do a few less jobs than I problem could "squeeze" in but then I have time to look it over too and make it a good as conditions permitt. Also when you clear, always plan for more snow and keep you stacks pushed back far first couple times to make room for more.

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

dont forget to watch what is around your piles of snow. the piles can move when they melt, and for instance take out a shed. :):)

4. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

I think you make a good pont and that makes you stand out along with a lot of guys on this site. It goes to show that a lot of guys are profesional when it comes to snow removal and it is not just a bunch of yahoos out there in the middle of the night tearing around...sure there are some but there in anything

5. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

There is no overboard

I spent the better part of last year doing a bunch of above and beyonds!! Like knocking the snow off the awnings that are above the sidewalks so that it did not slide off when I was done. Shoveling around the bases of the handicap parking signs so that the melt and refreeze would not end up freezing in said handicap parking spots.

6. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Thank you all, best of luck this year.