1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Snow of the Season!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mkwl, Dec 4, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Well, I woke up today to 2" of snow on the ground! I pushed my 4 clients drives and walks this morning. I'm glad I finished my leaf cleanups yesterday, we're supposed to get more snow on Tuesday!:nod: :salute: Let it SNOW!!!
  2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

So, did anyone else get snow?
  3. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

we got a couple of inches over here in PA...
    Enough to go out and makepayup but not enough to be a pain in the a...
  4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Got about 2 inches in RI, but once again, not enough to plow, especially with the rain that followed.
  5. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

about 2/3 here and suposed to get around 6 for tuesday, fingers crossed
  6. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Got about 2". Pushed 2 lots, and did some salting. Not much of an event, most of the lots didn't need service. We'll see what Tuesday brings. :cool:
  7. woohoo, I got one series plowing under the 2005-06 belt. it wasn't alot of snow, but it was enough. hopefully this was the first of many. good luck to everyone this year!
  8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I burned some cutting edge today.
    A big 2 inches of snow! In Ohio!
  9. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

I cleaned up all my leafs on Saturday, spent the whole day and my back was killing me. Talk about good timing. Went to sleep and it didn't even smell like snow. Get a call at 8am on Sunday (I am thinking what #$% is calling me so early) One of my accounts that has not called me back in 2 months to confirm for this season, talking about there is snow. I look out and its all white. Well it looks like the snow season is here:yow!:
  10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Yeah we got 3" here, did all accounts, made a few payup until I backed into a light pole, see pic's in Picture Foreum :cry:
    No profit this outing :angry:
  11. We got 2-3 inches in Rockland County, NY / Bergen County, NJ yesterday AM. Just enough to cut our teeth on this season and get the lay of the land for new the accounts.

Now bring on the big stuff!!!
  12. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

12" lake effect in Utica New York. Heavy, Packy with a slush base (due to ground not being frozen). Pain in the ass and pissed me off. I'm glad they're not all like this.
  13. MikePH

MikePH Junior Member

Flakes just started falling in DC

They are saying anything from 3"-6" here in the metro area. Heavier to the south and west. You folks in OH and NY will laugh to know that they started closing schools here hours before the first flakes fell. Glad most everyone will be at home asleep while we are working tonight.:p
  14. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It takes a huge storm with lot's of snow down already to close schools around here.
    They will close the Akron Schools when it gets really cold and blowing. (kids walk to school's) .
  15. mister_snowplow

mister_snowplow Senior Member

We got about 2" here outside of Boston. I unfortunately haven't finished my leaf cleanups...still have 2 to do. Not sure when I'll get to them now...we are supposed to be getting anywhere from 3-6 inches of snow tonight/tomorrow.

I did go out and plow my driveway...couldn't resist.