1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First snow of the season

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow Babe, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

TEE-HEE-HEE-HEE, HAW-HAW-HAW !!!!!!!!!!!!
    :redbounce

We woke up this morning to see the first new snow of the season up on the Continental Divide. It was down to tree-line (between 11,000 and 12,000 ft.) YIPPEE !!!!!!!!!!!

2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Plow Babe,

Nice to hear the good news!

Okay everyone, get ready for a road trip!

:p :D :cool:

Rick

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

No fair! No fair! :realmad: :nono: :gunsfiring:

4. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

How can you be sure it's not the last snow of last season? :)

5. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

If it is after July 4th, it is the next season. :D

6. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Hey Karen,
    I was wondering if you were going to be first. It was cool and wet, but not cold yet here. Only rain. Congrats on seeing the first flakes of the season!
    Hope we're second. scott:salute:

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

Snow ! Already....damn,and my plow isn't even on yet ! :D

8. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Pictures, I want to see it.

:D

9. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

YA YA YA show us some pics :D :drinkup: payup :dizzy:

10. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Karen,
    What a beautiful thing. The lakes are still up and now your getting snow. Wish some of this rain here would turn. 3"+ in 45 min on Saturday. We almost broke the record and had 5 days without rain for the " summer". Hope the stuff makes its way down to you so you can use that new truck soon. Jerre

11. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

I can't believe its August and I am addicted to this plowsite. Can't wait until I make up my mind on what plow to buy. I know once I get it (hopefully in a couple of weeks) I will start wanting it to snow. I love to plow. But I love my warm weather too.

Ray

12. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

Are you sure that's not just ash from all those Forest Fires out west? :D :D

13. windmill

windmill Senior Member

It Must be ash as gordyo said!!! It can't be snow yet. We've got nothing but huge forest fires all around us with no rain for weeks and you get snow??? 'snow fair I say, 'snowfair. I'm sure looking forward to seeing the sky filled with blue and no smoke in the air, a person could give up (and should) and imagine what their lungs look like seeing all the brown air around here.
    Snow . . . . I'm hearing the word spoken in the same way Homer S says food. (drool)

14. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Well I got about 15 calls this week. Mostly existing customers wanted to verify. I was surprised, I mean winter was not that early last year. Got my parts order out the other day. Will be prepping in less then a month.

15. szorno

szorno Senior Member

I start prepping this weekend. Have 2 7.5 Westerns to paint. Yes, I saw the other links. gonna try to stall the new tires til Thanksgiving or so. Gotta get a coat of wax on the new beast so I don't start to look like a gypsy.
    Proposal template is re-written thanks to SIMA. Life is good and snow is coming !:nod:

16. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

It was 97° here toay and feels like snow is a long ways off. Won't even be thinking of putting my plow on until atl east another 2 months. I did have to replace an idle-air control motor on my plow truck today(which also doubles as my landscape trailer puller). It set me back alittle, but better now than in the winter in the middle of a storm.

17. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

NO FAIR NO FAIR

:( :(

Jay

18. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Snow Pics?

What happened to the snow pics? And as for the temps, it was 102 here on Monday and Saturday the high is only going to be 60.

Hoping for a good snowy year! payup :drinkup: :nod: