1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Snow Not Bad

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bnc services 2, Nov 25, 2004.

1. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

WELL WE GOT OUR FIRST SNOW HERE IN CHIC. NOT TO BAD ABOUT 3-5" IN SOME PLACES WE DID GOOD FOR THE MOST PART :redbounce ROADS SUCKED BY 11PM THEY WERE ALL ICE :realmad: IT WAS VERY HEAVY AND WET . CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE . THERE ARE TALKING MAYBE FRIDAY AND SAT. WE GOT SOME GOOD SHOT OF US PUSHING IF YOU WANT TO SEE SOME JUST GO TO BNC SERVICES AND YOU WILL FIND A BUNCH SO ANYONE ELSE GET SNOW YESTERDAY GOT ANY PHOTO OF IT WE'D LIKE TO SEE THEM.

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah bud i was out till 4:30. I think this being my first plow(ever) i was to meticulous I just took to long. I think this will be a great year, as long as it is not an ice bowl.

3. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

Glad to hear everything went well.

I think we are in for some good snows this winter in the midwest.

Good luck and be safe,
    Mark K

4. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

i missed it on the northside

didnt get enough to do anything with if anybody needs help on the south side in a pinch im up for it

5. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Well, just got back in from our first snowfall. Nice to finally get the equipment out and running instead of sitting around the yard :) Had 2 pickups out for about 14 hours each. Our first experience with the new Blizzard plows. We just LOVE them!! Every time I open that thing up to 10' wide and drop it, I am sure that I have found the true sound of profit :) That thing is like a cash machine, just so fast. Anyhow, got to get a snooze so I can go out in a few hours and check for plow dumps and do some sanding.

6. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

Hey J-Hook where are you located in Northern Ontario? I drove from BC to New Brunswick this summer and man that is a long drive through your neck of the woods. Distance signs telling me 800 km to the next place and then once you get there the next sign is 700km for the next stop. To make things worse it was unbelievably foggy the night we hit the great lakes and it was zero visibility around them so we took the route above them (forget the number) but it winds all through the place and we thought we would never get there.

7. jhook

jhook Senior Member

:waving: Well, I am not quite that far north but have travelled some of those roads. I am near North Bay, about 3.5 hours north of Toronto.

8. glenspot

glenspot Senior Member

3 - 5" here too

Thanksgiving afternoon we got 3 - 5" inches of snow here. I plowed my commercial account early yesterday afternoon, when they hit their trigger. The residentials I took care of this morning.

Typically up here, the first snow doesn't get too much plowing in because most plowers wait for the ground to freeze before digging up too many lawns.

Well, I went out anyway. Nobody called to complain. So apparently day 1 went ok.

Its snowing again. I may need to do my commercial again tonight, and almost certainly my residentials by tomorrow morning again. We have a winter storm watch in effect for up to 10" by Sunday morning.

The truck held up nice (although the snow was VERY minimal). I am going to see if I can install a dual battery setup soon, though. The plow drains a lot on the current.

Other than that so far so good.....OH...d'oh. On my way home, after plowing, after my "real" job, after a visit to grandma to show her how to work her VCR.....I'm on my way HOME.....and I hit a bump on our fine Upper Michigan roadways (going to fast, too).....and the plow jumps up....and SLAMS back down. And the right headlight assembly breaks off from the impact. Nice.

I'm guessing it had a break in it already. Did you know that a new setup of lights cost $100. There goes the $ I made plowing this morning.

Live, learn then get luvs.

Glen