1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Snow is 1", but I have a 2" Trigger

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by olesnowpatrol, Dec 17, 2011.

1. olesnowpatrol

olesnowpatrol Member

Well we finally got the white stuff here in my next of the woods. We only got an inch from a weak clipper system. I emailed all my customers to let them know that we got an inch and our trigger is 2", but I can come and plow if they contact me. I figure I will only do this for this first snow...I want to remind people of their options without being pushing.

This approach make sense? Any other ideas?

PS Last year at this time we already have 14 inches YTD. I tell my friends who don't like snow they should be paying me for buying my plow truck!
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I guess that's ok, but I wouldn't email them about that scenario again.
  3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

You could salt
  4. olesnowpatrol

olesnowpatrol Member

Since this is my side business, my model is that I just plow driveways...no salt, no sidewalks.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't set a precedent on coming at 1 inch then they will expect it all the time.
  6. jimmyzlc

jimmyzlc Member

You sure it was 1", not closer to 2?
  7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

A kid I was plowing with a few years back had a good one.

When we only got an inch, he says,"you just gotta push a little of that snow togther, then stick your tape in that spot... bet you got your two inch trigger now!
  8. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

Love that method walk out side pull tape measure out 2' jump in truck.
  9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

You make good money with walks
    on walks you dont need a trigger
  10. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

eh maybe some of you make good money doing sidewalks and have no trigger.

my commercial lots don't have sidewalks and all my residentials are on a 2" trigger. I don't show up and do anything unless its 2 inches. that includes sidewalks.