1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

first snow in VT 10/15/10

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by grnstripes, Oct 15, 2010.

1. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

snow bfp.jpg first snow of the season in VT and only half the fleet is ready:waving:

snow bfp.jpg

2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

WOW! How much did you get?

3. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

not too much here but killington is about a half hr south and they expect 10 in

4. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

NICE!! Wish we were getting some snow right now!

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You are so lucky. I would love to have snow rite now.

6. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Its getting to be about that time!:nod::drinkup:

7. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

Yes it is:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc:bluebounc

8. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Same here!! im in northern ny saranac lake ny, got 3" of heavy wet snow

9. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

Where in maine are you guys

10. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

Its spitting snow down here but its about 40 out. NWS said maybe 1/2" by morning.

I am not really sure how I feel about snow when some trees still have green leaves on them

11. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

You guys are very lucky.. Although I am not quite ready for snow equipment wise lol I am only about two hours and 15 minutes from killington but were not getting anything over here :( just rainy and lower 40's overnight. Im still waiting on lots of contracts too.. people are taking forever this year

12. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

hoepfully after this event people will sign some contracts for ya! haha. Thats crazy, i couldnt believe it when i heard it snowed on the weather channel. Has anyone up there actually plowed?

13. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

the state was out plowing in southern washington and orange counties and also in killington and the north eastern portion of the state not to many privet guys out yet though

14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's awesome. Thanks for the pic. I can't wait for some snow. I really can't wait to go to NH this winter.

15. snowman6

snowman6 Senior Member

I am not fully ready yet. But after seeing those pics it kinda lights a fire:yow!:. We are expecting our first flurries next week so it's coming:waving:

16. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Yeah we are expecting flurries and mixing rain and snow this week a couple times too :)
    Banksy, where are you coming to NH this winter?

17. gkm

gkm Senior Member

I guess it's going to be some time yet for us in PA, grass still growing lots of leaves on the trees ......work to be done on plow also. but looking at the pics get you pumped up

18. Reliable Snow and Ice

Reliable Snow and Ice Senior Member

who cares it's white money..... if you dont want it send it to chicago we will take it

19. Newfie Ranger

Newfie Ranger Member

Thanks for sharing the pic. Man, that's slot of snow to stay down for your first dump of the year. Congratulations.. We probably won't get anything like that until December. Until then, I'll be getting the gear ready and enjoying the last few runs on the bike.

20. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

February. Coming up for the Rotary Ice Fishing derby and snowmobiling. Going to stay at our families lake house on Winnipesaukee. I bought a 2005 Sabercat 600 last fall and I'm dying to get some riding in. Last winter sucked for sledding!