1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

First Snow in Nova Scotia (Nov 11 2007)

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by F150dash, Nov 13, 2007.

1. F150dash

F150dash Member

This was the first snow in Nova Scotia we ended up with 20 cms or about 8 inchs of wet heavy snow.

First snow 002.jpg

First snow 019.jpg
  2. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

Damn!! I wish we were getting that down here. Hope it is comming soon.
  3. F150dash

F150dash Member

They said we were only going to get an inch. Gotta love those weather ppl. That strom just missed you guys in NH.
  4. aulen

aulen Junior Member

We only had 6" home. You must be further inland.
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

ONLY 6???????? you suck!! LOL, i'm jealous!
  6. F150dash

F150dash Member

Yeah about 20 mins from the NB border in Springhill We always get a little more....
  7. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Anyone in Yarmouth NS?
  8. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

I wish that storm hit just inland a little further.
  9. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

near cornwallis here, about 1 1/2hours from yarmouth.

we only had about an inch, head up over the hill from here, and there was a good 6"purplebou
  10. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

The weather people keep saying snow just about everyother day, then it snows for about 20 seconds and stops. Very dissapointing.
  11. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Jeez, what part of NS was this in? Cape Breton? I"m in Chester and we haven"t gotten anything but a light dusting this Morning (Dec. 1). Looks like something is coming on Tuesday though.

12. F150dash

F150dash Member

I'm in Springhill, 20 mins from Amherst, we got about 10+ cm today(Dec 1). That one on Tue looks like a big one for us here.
  13. TEX

TEX Senior Member

man i love winter i have to move back to Maine soon:bluebounc
  14. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Yup, I really should learn to read the whole thread before posting, if I had of I would have seen your later reply :dizzy:

They are calling for 10-15cm here in Lunenburg County, but the wind is supposed to gust to 60. I'm lucky, I'm working from home, but the wife has to travel to Halifax daily. Oh well, if it gets too bad she will stay in, but I get the feeling that I'll be using the F350 diesel a lot to keep the road clear. We live in a remote area and it can get plugged quickly.

15. aulen

aulen Junior Member

We had 3-4" 10 minutes outside Bridgewater. Inland got about 6.